Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have absolutely nothing against Vicky Kloss and Her PR team.

I have had the privilege of meeting her.

She is very bright, articulate, clever, hard working, does a very good job in on-going difficult circumstances with the media, she is City through and through, is a City fan, and she loves the club and the fans. As a City fan she knows and understands how we all feel.

But, if I ever see another picture of any Journalist living it up, being lorded, and being treated like royalty at the Etihad again, I will explode!

It’s now the end game. We know who these Journalists are who have constantly bad mouthed Sheikh Mansour, the Club, Pep, the players, and the fans.

Our policy as a club is not to ban these Journalists, but to have a quiet word in their ear, hoping they will back off.

In that case, and it might look petty, let’s hit them with basic and punitive measures, starting with how we treat them at the Etihad.

Offer them the bare minimum of hospitality, if we have to, tell them to do their job, and then show them the exit door at the Etihad as soon as they have finished their job. Goodbye! Nothing more, nothing less.

Let’s assume, just for the sake of argument, he’s right on the human rights stuff and we shouldn’t be ‘taking their money’. What I want to know is why he’s using football for his rant and not going after British companies in general and the government in particular? I think we know the answer and it’s got nothing to do with human rights and everything to do with City winning and not liking Arabs much!
“The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is the UK’s largest export market in the Middle East and the 13th biggest globally. The UK exported £9.8 billion of goods and services in 2016. This was a 37% increase since 2009. The UAE is the UK’s fourth largest export market outside the EU. There are over 5,000 British companies operating in the UAE, including BP, Shell, Rolls Royce, BAE Systems, Mott McDonald, SERCO, Standard Chartered, HSBC and John Lewis / Waitrose. 779 commercial agencies and 4,762 British brands have invested in the UAE.“

Just for Delaney, the Irish do quite a lot of business with the place as well...

And of course Delaney works for a paper 30 per cent owned by the Middle East !

And of course Delaney works for a paper 30 per cent owned by the Middle East !
It’s not even a paper. It’s been online only for over 3 years, which tells you how shit it is. Delaney is also probably on some sort of pay as you get clicked deal so the best thing all city fans can do is completely ignore the bell end....

Reactions: nmc

She is very bright, articulate, clever, hard working, does a very good job in on-going difficult circumstances with the media, she is City through and through, is a City fan, and loves the club.

But, if I ever see another picture of any Journalist living it up, being lorded, and being treated like royalty at the Etihad again, I will explode!

It’s now the end game. We know who these Journalists are who have constantly bad mouthed Sheikh Mansour, the Club, Pep, the players, and the fans.

Our policy as a club is not to ban these Journalists, but to have a quiet word in their ear, hoping they will back off.

In that case, and it might look petty, let’s hit them with basic and punitive measures, starting with how we treat them at the Etihad.

Offer them the bare minimum of hospitality, if we have to, tell them to do their job, and then show them the exit door at the Etihad as soon as they have finished their job. Goodbye! Nothing more, nothing less.

Partly agree. I’d honestly create a two tier system - those who are objective - not sycophants- can be treated well and get access to Pep etc. This would include Lipton, Mullock , Brennan and Samuel et al. Then a second tier who just get basic press briefings and nothing else - the sense of exclusion will kill them - and sure they’ll attack us but they do that anyway and their editor will want to know why they don’t have any inside track on City.

Partly agree. I’d honestly create a two tier system - those who are objective - not sycophants- can be treated well and get access to Pep etc. This would include Lipton, Mullock , Brennan and Samuel et al. Then a second tier who just get basic press briefings and nothing else - the sense of exclusion will kill them - and sure they’ll attack us but they do that anyway and their editor will want to know why they don’t have any inside track on City.

agree with that mate they will slight us anyway, so give them naff all

I have had the privilege of meeting her.

She is very bright, articulate, clever, hard working, does a very good job in on-going difficult circumstances with the media, she is City through and through, is a City fan, and she loves the club and the fans. As a City fan she knows and understands how we all feel.

If we ban them they will have a field day reporting that our clubs seeks to censor them....The champagne reception was a genius move in my opinion because the more they try and undermine the club the more ridiculous, unprofessional and bitter they look. The last thing we should do is silence them.

If we ban them they will have a field day reporting that our clubs seeks to censor them....The champagne reception was a genius move in my opinion because the more they try and undermine the club the more ridiculous, unprofessional and bitter they look. The last thing we should do is silence them.
They'll slag us off if we ban then. They'll slag us off if we don't.

I say ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.