Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock bottom? Try this on for size. Johnathan Northcroft writes in today's Sunday Times about City's misfortunes in not achieving glory which he defines as "appealing beyond a fan base to the wider sport.... " This he attributes to social media, foreign ownership, UEFA and - wait for it - being too good. Quote:

"Another [misfortune] might be their football. They are almost too brilliant, too finely choreographed, too well-motivated. Performance levels barely dip and their dominance of space and position leads to very little feeling of jeopardy. Their triumph can lack the sense of risk, spontaneity and drama the football public craves....."

Words fail me. This written by one of the supposedly quality football correspondents. Add to this bilge a huge slice of hypocrisy in the inevitable side swipe at the club's ownership and human rights, written by a man employed by a paper owned by News Corp and Rupert Murdoch.
Foreign ownership would apply to most of the premier league teams, maybe a little research would go a long way

Rock bottom? Try this on for size. Johnathan Northcroft writes in today's Sunday Times about City's misfortunes in not achieving glory which he defines as "appealing beyond a fan base to the wider sport.... " This he attributes to social media, foreign ownership, UEFA and - wait for it - being too good. Quote:

"Another [misfortune] might be their football. They are almost too brilliant, too finely choreographed, too well-motivated. Performance levels barely dip and their dominance of space and position leads to very little feeling of jeopardy. Their triumph can lack the sense of risk, spontaneity and drama the football public craves....."

Words fail me. This written by one of the supposedly quality football correspondents. Add to this bilge a huge slice of hypocrisy in the inevitable side swipe at the club's ownership and human rights, written by a man employed by a paper owned by News Corp and Rupert Murdoch.

He is ****

There is so much negativity in this thread.

Let’s be positive.

Here’s what Jonathan Northcroft has written in The Sunday Times:

“Manchester City have....surely the status of greatest side the domestic game has seen. Having numbed the Premier Leaugue with their brilliance they turned the old FA Cup final into an exhibition game.
The novelty is in the technicality, the choreography, the relentless mentality of Pep Guardiola’s team. All are at levels never previously seen. Here, as goal upon goal rained in, all you could think was wow”

That’ll do for me.

There is so much negativity in this thread.

Let’s be positive.

Here’s what Jonathan Northcroft has written in The Sunday Times:

“Manchester City have....surely the status of greatest side the domestic game has seen. Having numbed the Premier Leaugue with their brilliance they turned the old FA Cup final into an exhibition game.
The novelty is in the technicality, the choreography, the relentless mentality of Pep Guardiola’s team. All are at levels never previously seen. Here, as goal upon goal rained in, all you could think was wow”

That’ll do for me.
I don't read that as a complimentary piece, "numbed", " turned the old FA cup into an exhibition game" all have negative undertones about them

Ask yourself this question blues, if you were a fan of another club, would you expect a journalist, or yourself perhaps to ask such a question after the manager wins the treble, possibly one of the highest moments of his professional career.

Is it an appropriate question for a journalist to ask? We believe in free speech don't we. We want to live in a world where the rich and powerful are held to account. I was just thinking about this, because this journalist was banned by Ferguson for asking questions in his press conferences which were hostile to Man Utd and I am just thinking whether we are just instinctively knee-jerking in response to questions asked of our own club https://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/may/24/fergie-orders-giggs-reporter-banned

Is there a blurred area between what is legitimate questioning and being respectful to a fellow person? We need a free press, but everyone needs to behave professionally and respectfully, and that goes for us as well.

this is correct, but there also needs to be a professional courtesy between the interviewer and interviewee. the question was asked to deflect away from a career defining moment for our manager and historical moment for the club and fans. dont fall into the trap pf believing harris was asking the question for any other reason than incitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.