Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

I for one had him written off a couple a seasons ago after he had something like his 14th injury at the club. unbelievable that he not only came back, but came back like he’d never been away. He is a true city legend and Like zabba it hurts that he’s going. I’m sure he’ll be back at the club on a few years. Best of luck Vinnie.
This is in my opinion what has solidified his absolute legendary status for me, even though he was already going to go down as a legend.

I thought he'd lost his edge. Prime Kompany was a one man defence. I thought the injuries had brought him down to a solid 8/10 defender. I was wrong.

When the chips were down he played in the last 5 games where the pressure to win was the most intense it has ever been;

United 0-2
Burnley 0-1
Leicester 1-0
Brighton 1-4
Watford 6-0

An absolute goliath of a man who has left on his own terms, going out on the highest of highs. Scoring a goal from 30 yards to win us the league, captaining us to a historic treble. We will never see his like again and that makes me sad, but I'd like to thank him for being the best Captain I could ever have hoped for.

I was at his debut under Mark Hughes at the age of 15. I'll be there on Monday to say goodbye. Anderlecht have got themselves a stunning player.

I can understand his decision. I think, honestly, Vinnie was a bit dispirited by being roughed up by Troy Deeney. He looked at himself in the mirror and thought “Do I have the cojones any more...?”
Nice one. Every fucking trawler out of Fleetwood & Grimsby combined and all the way to the Grand Banks couldn't compete with this.

I just looked on Google. That points total it something to do with the ‘regular season’ and ‘championship round’ - I have no idea how it works

Anderlecht played their worst season yet. Haven't reached European football for the first time in 56 years.

In Belgium the first 30 games are just to determine the Play Offs. After those 30 games, your point are being cut in half. Then you have a new league with a home and away game. The winner is the champion.

Anderlecht played their worst season yet. Haven't reached European football for the first time in 56 years.

In Belgium the first 30 games are just to determine the Play Offs. After those 30 games, your point are being cut in half. Then you have a new league with a home and away game. The winner is the champion.

So you could finish 6th and win the league via the playoffs?

How is their squad? Do they have the youth players and/or budget to put a decent run together next season? Assuming their manager is any good.......

Will never forget that goal against Leicester you are an Incredible player and an incredible leader of this great football club. Its sad to see you go Vincent but you have left with every domestic trophy in your bag not many players leave with that. All the best legend

What a way to go. Will be keeping an eye on Anderlecht next season for sure!

This man has been a model ambassador for our club. He's helped take us to heights we never could have imagined, all with class, leadership, and humility.

Going to be sad as fuck watching City with no Vinny, but I will always love this man. An absolute legend in every sense of the word.

Here's to you, Vincent Kompany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.