Game of Thrones (season 8)

Do people think it would have ended so lamely if GRRM had written the end? All very nice and predictable, but in all honesty it feels like a nothing ending.

Short of incinerating the entire planet and everyone on it, how can there anything other than what it was? People can say x or y should have happened, but you're still going to leave the future unknown.

Not a bad ending. The writing though for this season was rather poor. If i can give 1 example where a simple change would help a lot... plot armour, they should have been stripped of it this season a lot more than they were. Ser Jorah should have come back with his horse limping and him about to die. It would have setup the battle well with the NK being given gravity to his threat. As it was his plot armour had him ride back untouched so he could die in a very tedious manor.

Basically reduce the plot armour across the board.
There was a lot of this throughout season 8, the basics of storytelling just forgotten when it had been one of the foundations of the show previously. The story they told in this season was fine, but the way they told it left a lot to be desired.

Short of incinerating the entire planet and everyone on it, how can there anything other than what it was? People can say x or y should have happened, but you're still going to leave the future unknown.
Yes i know it had to end some way, just feels extremely underwhelming considering 8 years of incredible TV ended with a very limp last episode. Maybe thats how it had to end, just with the standards it has set over the years it hasn't really lived up to what i hoped it would be. That counts for the whole season, good TV, but not great in any way shape or form for me.

Thought that was underwhelming as fuck. Because everything was so rushed all the moments that were supposed to make me feel something fell flat. Just felt nothing the whole episode. Really it is such a sad end to one of the best TV shows I have ever watched. It deserved better.

Thought that was underwhelming as fuck. Because everything was so rushed all the moments that were supposed to make me feel something fell flat. Just felt nothing the whole episode. Really it is such a sad end to one of the best TV shows I have ever watched. It deserved better.
I think that sums it up very well. We’ve lost any connection to the characters we cared about so much due to this season being so rushed. That lead to a very flat and underwhelming last episode for me.

The whole fucking Grey Worm thing makes no fucking sense. The guy lost the love of his life, the only thing he has left is his queen. He kills a bunch of unarmed prisoners, nearly kills Jon for trying to stop him. Jon then kills his queen and he....keeps him prisoner for months, sends ravens to the lords of Westeros and then lets Jon walk away to the wall. Why the fuck would the Unsullied give a fuck about keeping the peace in Westeros? Why the fuck would they care if they had to have another war with the north men outside the walls? They'd want his head surely? It's so badly written.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.