Game of Thrones (season 8)

For what it’s worth I thought for the first 6 seasons it was the best tv show I’d ever watched but the last 2 seasons really let it down. Instead of dreading it finishing I’m glad it has.

The storylines and dialogue that once made it great, gave way to fan pleasing and CGI. I rated it 9.5 for the first 6 seasons and 6 for the last two. The actual ending suited it.

Spoiler

Did I read right at the end John was leaving the nights watch behind, had become king of the free folk and was leading them back to their true home? He gave a wry smile in the last scene, a nod perhaps to ‘you know nothing John Snow’. It felt right.

Was all a bit rushed especially the greyworm stuff and I’d imagine the book will embellish more eg the influence of Davos in ensuring the Lords were called to that meeting and John and Tyrion weren’t just killed.

Yeah, firmly in the 'underwhelmed' camp. Praying Martin finishes the books though as all the story beats were fine for me, just poorly executed and rushed in a way that made it jarring to watch. I felt detached from it all which is the last thing I would have imagined before the season began.
With the extra tools at his disposal and freedom/time to add in all the nuances required I'm sure GRRM can make it an epic worthy of the name.
But will he ever finish it? Fingers crossed.

Just watched it after a 24 hour social media prohibition (for the third time this final series).

I laughed, I cried, I cheered.

But mostly I laughed, and mainly at inappropriate moments.

Is it an ending? Probably not.

GoT series to come:

Queen in the North
Arya Goes West
Grey Worm and the Travels Naath
South, To Save HBO

Just watched it after a 24 hour social media prohibition (for the third time this final series).

I laughed, I cried, I cheered.

But mostly I laughed, and mainly at inappropriate moments.

Is it an ending? Probably not.

GoT series to come:

Queen in the North
Arya Goes West
Grey Worm and the Travels Naath
South, To Save HBO

Them spinoffs will be shite lol needs Georges touch. What did you cry at? I thought it was all a bit meh and didn't feel emotional in the slightest, wished we would have had longer to get use to seeing dany in that way, would have made it better.

Them spinoffs will be shite lol needs Georges touch. What did you cry at? I thought it was all a bit meh and didn't feel emotional in the slightest, wished we would have had longer to get use to seeing dany in that way, would have made it better.
When I laughed *too* much. ;-)

Hahahaha at Sam in that stupid outfit? Or when Bronn appears out of no where? He was another brilliant character cast aside for a while.
Or Drogon understanding the fundamental cause of the conflict in Westeros was the corrupting nature of the Iron Throne, but not understanding whodonit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.