Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones and Laporte are an incredibly good partnership,they just need the playing time which for various reason hasn't been afforded them.

To have a player of Maguire's calibre pushing them would be fantastic and better than any other team in this league could boast.The man is powerful,great in the air for set pieces,technically good as well as being a leader and a fine professional.

As has been stated across half a dozen other threads.....we also have Garcia,Sandler and Taylor Bellis knocking on the door as well as Dinho to cover as necessary.

We'd get destroyed on the counter, he's painfully slow. Also think we could get better for £60+ mil. Then again, I wasn't over the moon when we signed John Stones so who knows.
The 1 Leicester player I want is Ndidi.

Stones and Laporte are an incredibly good partnership,they just need the playing time which for various reason hasn't been afforded them.

To have a player of Maguire's calibre pushing them would be fantastic and better than any other team in this league could boast.The man is powerful,great in the air for set pieces,technically good as well as being a leader and a fine professional.

As has been stated across half a dozen other threads.....we also have Garcia,Sandler and Taylor Bellis knocking on the door as well as Dinho to cover as necessary.
Signing Maguire probably means that two of Garcia, Sandler and Harwood-Bellis won`t make it here

Signing Maguire probably means that two of Garcia, Sandler and Harwood-Bellis won`t make it here

That would be more the case with De Ligt. I also think Sandler isn't going to make it regardless. Garcia and Harwood-Bellis look like they could make it though

Garcia is probably most ready,so he'll be 4th choice IMO.

THB is 17,so will still be playing youth football and maybe the early cup rounds for a couple of seasons.

Sandler is most at risk,older and not as talented - i imagine a loan and then sold.

Laporte and Stones struggle vs physical strikers so a physical CB to combat that is a must.

Harry Maguire is just that and add in he's good on the ball, particularly carrying it. There's plenty there for Pep to work with
I can't say I've noticed Laporte struggling against any striker, just about the only poor game he's had at centre back was against Son. Though I'd say it was just a poor game/lack of concentration rather than the striker. Stones has improved a lot as well and I can't remember him being bullied too often recently though he's been out of the team a bit but I don't remember it being the big strikers that were causing him problems.
I haven't seen enough of Maguire to form very strong opinions, my impression is that he is a bit slow on the turn rather than slow over the ground, he certainly burned past Gundogan. He probably adds a real threat at set pieces where we are a bit below par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.