Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd get destroyed on the counter, he's painfully slow. Also think we could get better for £60+ mil. Then again, I wasn't over the moon when we signed John Stones so who knows.
The 1 Leicester player I want is Ndidi.
I appreciate he’s slow but Vinnys not the quickest especially this season but he made up for it with other physical attributes I feel this is the same for maguire he offers that physical presence that we are losing and I know he’s not vinnys level but this he would be a great 3rd choice to support Laporte and stones

Maguire is no superstar but you can see why Pep would like to sign him: English, physically powerful, comfortable with the ball at his feet, his head is like a magnet for the ball at set pieces, he's intelligent and he seemingly appears to be popular with other players (as opposed to being full of himself and divisive).

That would be more the case with De Ligt. I also think Sandler isn't going to make it regardless. Garcia and Harwood-Bellis look like they could make it though
With De Ligt it would be more acceptable since he`s a generational talent. One of Harwood-Bellis and Garcia won`t make it whether we sign De Ligt or Maguire. My ideal situation would be to pay Alderweireld`s release clause of 25m, and play him for 2-3 seasons, and let Dinho/Garcia be 4th choice CB

Serious underestimation of his skills on this site. He is just as impressive for Leicester as van Dijk was at Southampton as far as I am concerned
If United were fixing up their squad and got him I would see it as a solid addition

Maguire is a very good player, no one is doubting that but he isn’t the right fit for us. In a team that’s happy to drop off and defend deep he’s brilliant, as it makes the most of his ability (physically and technically) without exposing his lack of acceleration and agility.

We need central defenders who are comfortable defending big spaces 1 vs 1, who have the acceleration and agility to recover and slow counter attacks down until we can get numbers back. We need central defenders who are comfortable trying to anticipate danger and win balls back before the opposition even gets turned to run at us. On top of all that we need central defenders who are not just comfortable on the ball but who are capable of breaking lines and picking the right passes at the right times.

There’s very few central defenders around with that skill set, never mind English defenders.

I don't see it, really at all with this guy, especially if we're talking around £60m. He's an extremely large man I guess? That said, in Pep we trust and if he's identified something here I'm on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.