Wolves

It's going to be amusing to watch the media start to turn as they see Wolves start posing a threat to the established order. Right now it's still the plucky little Wolves bollocks. But these owners are going to want cups and titles.

Good. The more the merrier.

I imagine their history will disappear as well, especially the fact that they were in the European Cup years before Liverpool!

Mind you, Burnley and Ipswich were too!

Haha yep is Wolves win one cup the media will love it, if they then consistently start being up there for them the media will say they have no history or tradition and have bought them. Only the most popular clubs in England are worthy of trophies and success.

It's going to be amusing to watch the media start to turn as they see Wolves start posing a threat to the established order. Right now it's still the plucky little Wolves bollocks. But these owners are going to want cups and titles.

Good. The more the merrier.
Be interesting what a certain denizen of the Black Country will have to say about a club that has 'only' won three league titles (as oppose to our two before the takeover) and four FA Cups (same as us prior to 2008) 'buying success'....

Haha yep is Wolves win one cup the media will love it, if they then consistently start being up there for them the media will say they have no history or tradition and have bought them. Only the most popular clubs in England are worthy of trophies and success.
Bbc season review about wolves says “this great old club can build further and be a Premier League force for years to come.” When they dislodge a istory club it’ll be same old bankrolled morally corrupt club with no history.

I imagine their history will disappear as well, especially the fact that they were in the European Cup years before Liverpool!

Mind you, Burnley and Ipswich were too!

I did see a complete muppet post a comment on the Guardian after they qualified for the Europa League that Wolves had never done anything in Europe before. Personally I'd have thought being one of the reasons the European Cup was created was mildly relevant...

Oh we enjoyed beating those lot twice and drawing at the swamp!

As I posted on the Buying the league thread:

They (Fosun) have stated that they aim to compete with the top clubs for top players this summer. They are the real deal and not prepared to stand still. This season was good but in their words, they didn't buy Wolves to finish 7th. This is just the start and they are already making big inroads into China (all our games are screened live there), Mexico as we signed Mexican national hero Raul Jimenez and of course, Portugal!

They are also investing heavily in the infrastructure of the club with big improvements to the training ground, laying replica pitches to the Molineux playing surfaces and plans to rebuild Molineux as a 50K seater. We have a waiting list of 5K for season tickets alone!

Mexico and Portugal are good nation's for the team to be popular. They are gold mines for inexpensive young talent.

Congratulations. I will look forward to your club giving out beatings to the rags, dippers, chavs, et al.

I did see a complete muppet post a comment on the Guardian after they qualified for the Europa League that Wolves had never done anything in Europe before. Personally I'd have thought being one of the reasons the European Cup was created was mildly relevant...
Sky invented football nothing is relevant before then... according to pundits anyway.

I hope they continue to cause upsets across the league and hopefully the investment stays and they dont just pull out in 2/3 years if they havent won anything or cracked the top 4/5/6.

I hope they continue to cause upsets across the league and hopefully the investment stays and they dont just pull out in 2/3 years if they havent won anything or cracked the top 4/5/6.

Fosun released a statement this week saying that although they are an investment company, they have a select few members in their portfolio that they will never sell, they just want to grow and grow - and Wolves was one of them.

Btw guys, stop accusing us of having history, every plastic south of the Watford Gap will tell you football did not exist before 1992

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.