Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give him dribbler and crosser not necessarily passer though.

Like I said to Birch, I'll grant he is a technically superior player in the most technical sense of the word. He'll be an upgrade on early season Walker, not late season though.
He's not an upgrade, he's just different. Which is why it makes more sense than Wan Bissaka who is basically Walker but goes to ground more because he doesn't have the physicality.

Wan-Bissaka is shit going forward. I know Dax will say "but he was a winger as a kid!" but that's irrelevant.

i can see how Cancelo and Walker would be a pair who offered different things. Wan-Bissaka and Walker are two defence first RB's who can defend large spaces, charge forward but can't do anything much when they get there. The only reason to play AWB would be Walker getting injured or tired or because he's better, and then there'd be no reason to play Walker.

Bissaka is a huge talent, to say he’s shit going forward is like saying Sterling couldn’t shoot 2 years ago. He’s shown an ability to learn extremely quickly, with more emphasis on his defending this year than the last, where he could be caught out when marauding forward, however, I personally believe he is just a rough diamond and will be some player in the next 2/3 years, that included going forward!

What have I started here...

Can’t say as I’ve seen Cancelo or should I say took any particular notice of him when I have seen him play, so can’t really comment. I just know we need someone better than Walker technically because he’s the weak link (although again I say that through gritted teeth because he’s still a damn good player).

The one I like is Nelson Semedo at Barca, even though he seems to be 2nd choice. That said again I haven’t seen enough to see the potential weaknesses.

What have I started here...

Can’t say as I’ve seen Cancelo or should I say took any particular notice of him when I have seen him play, so can’t really comment. I just know we need someone better than Walker technically because he’s the weak link (although again I say that through gritted teeth because he’s still a damn good player).

The one I like is Nelson Semedo at Barca, even though he seems to be 2nd choice. That said again I haven’t seen enough to see the potential weaknesses.
If you check the records the season we got Walker and Mendy, Nelson was my #1 choice for RB. He is the perfect type of fullback fit for a Guardiola team.

Movement, crossing, control and calmness in possession are all in his locker. Could have become special here. Can't complain though, Walker has been good too.

He's a great player but in the summer we have to sign two CB, a DM (I think even 2) lw if Sane leaves
And maybe LB because Mendy is more on the treatment bed than on the field
why would we spend 50,60 for a RB??

Walker is soon 29, Danilo 28. The rest of the backline are 23-24. I would like Cancelo to give Walker some competition and offload Danilo. Cancelo is fast but better at handling the ball than Walker (most players are). He also got these smooth crosses like Alexander-Arnold, a weapon we've been missing.

He's a great player but in the summer we have to sign two CB, a DM (I think even 2) lw if Sane leaves
And maybe LB because Mendy is more on the treatment bed than on the field
why would we spend 50,60 for a RB??
We don't need 2CBs. Just one to replace the 2 leaving is enough. Dihno, Sandler, Garcia can cover 4th choice.

We don't need 2 DMs, we need just 1 young one for the transition of Dihno.

Even if Sane leaves we might not need a LW. We have 3 wide players who got most of the playing time anyway.

What we lose in Sane is uniqueness, not a positional need.

We don't need 2CBs. Just one to replace the 2 leaving is enough. Dihno, Sandler, Garcia can cover 4th choice.

We don't need 2 DMs, we need just 1 young one for the transition of Dihno.

Even if Sane leaves we might not need a LW. We have 3 wide players who got most of the playing time anyway.

What we lose in Sane is uniqueness, not a positional need.
Cant really rely on 3 wingers for 2 spots. Especially since only one winger can play LW. If sterling gets injured what do we do? Bernardo and Mahrez cant play LW, so we have to force Jesus there and Aguero play every game.

It makes more sense to get some kind of winger who can maybe play backup striker or attacking mid for more game time and for injuries. The Kevin injury made me realize how happy I am we bought Bernardo Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.