Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, PSG or some Chinese club would pay more. He isn't going to want to go there instead of Bayern.

Weird attitude you have. I don't like Schalke, but that's his club. You will have seen in the CL how good their fans are. What happened when he scored against them? They applauded him. They didn't cry that they only got 25 million for him. That's at a club who are always short of cash.

Yet you are begrudging him a possible move to Bayern Munich even though 1) he served you well 2) you would be making a 200% profit 3) your club is fortunate in having a lot of cash.

Sorry, but I don't get that. Have a look at Ajax fans and see what kind of fantastic farewell they give their young home grown players. That's what class is about .

Pep gets it. He is from that school.

City are one of the few sets of fans that welcome former players back. Unless they've been ****s.

We are fine if Sane truly wants to leave and will wish him luck. As we did Sancho. But we are not Arsenal. We do not sell players to other clubs for fuck all just because a player wants to go there. No chance.

I think there is more at play than him wanting to leave due to playing time, Pep seems livid with him at times as though he isn't carrying out the role in the team that Pep expects him to. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes but we have all heard stories about Pep making demands on his players, they either react or it's the door.

Look at Aguero, It looked for a while that he could be off but instead he took on board the critism and became a better all round player.

For all his talent i would have expected him to nail down that left wing spot long ago, something isn't right.
I dunno maybe it's just that Pep really, really rates Sterling and he prefers to play there. Sane on the right never seems to work. Plus you have Mendy (when fit) who's as good a crosser as anyone.

So it might just be a case of no room for Sane. But that doesn't fit with the need for squad depth if we are to compete for 4 trophies. And apart from anything else, I wouldn't be selling Sane, at all, to anyone, full stop. I think he's fantastic.

I want Leroy to stay, however this obviously isn’t about money for him. He could have signed a new contract 12 months ago giving him an additional £90k per week and so far he hasn’t meaning he has lost out on at least £4.5m. He is winning trophies here as well which he will if he goes to Bayern although I our league is far more competitive. Maybe he just wants a career back in Germany and have an easy life rather than spend his best years with us.

As mentioned, his low wage gives City a big advantage;

On only 60k a week City can say "Here is a contract where you will be paid 2.5x your current salary, 150k, if you refuse, then we can wait 2 years for your contract to end and you can go to another club... who will probably pay you around 150k, you will be losing 2 years worth of high wages over that and probably played little, when you can make high wages now and win trophies, the choice is obvious."

Not really as the signing on fee a player as good as him could them command would be huge anyway so he wouldn't lose out financially.

Maybe this is down to tactical reasons, Pep looks at the league and sees maybe 15 of the 18 clubs we face will basically sit on their 18 yard box and defend for most of the games, Leroy is ineffective in these games, he is best when we are playing fast paced or counter attacking. He rarely beats men in a tight space, if Peps long term view is to stay a while, maybe he thinks that Sane doesn’t fit into his plans for how to break down teams. Don’t get me wrong I think Sane could be Ronaldo levels of good IF he applied himself but his body language suggests to me a certain attitude problem and that’s why Pep is willing to let him go. I hope he stays but if he goes, he’s won everything domestically here I wish him well and no doubt he will win loads domestically in Germany but it’s a shit league tbh.

Maybe this is down to tactical reasons, Pep looks at the league and sees maybe 15 of the 18 clubs we face will basically sit on their 18 yard box and defend for most of the games, Leroy is ineffective in these games, he is best when we are playing fast paced or counter attacking. He rarely beats men in a tight space, if Peps long term view is to stay a while, maybe he thinks that Sane doesn’t fit into his plans for how to break down teams. Don’t get me wrong I think Sane could be Ronaldo levels of good IF he applied himself but his body language suggests to me a certain attitude problem and that’s why Pep is willing to let him go. I hope he stays but if he goes, he’s won everything domestically here I wish him well and no doubt he will win loads domestically in Germany but it’s a shit league tbh.

See what you're saying to a point but teams parked the bus all the year before against us and Sane. Even this season once he got a run of games he was contributing plenty. Late in the season a team couldn't have sat any deeper than Palace and Leroy was very good as were City. Against Burnley he did nothing granted but to be fair the team were awful first half with Raz very poor in a central role. Clearly something is not right though and it's looking like he'll be off. Hopefully Pep has a top replacement in mind. Preferably for me someone who still plays mostly from left even if right footed as for all the goals he scored from the left I still much prefer Sterling on the right using his pace to the full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.