UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit, I've deleted my twitter account because of the absolute bullshit I was reading on a daily basis. It was actually stressing me out. Journalist and official accounts have become self entitled in a way that is not seen elsewhere and you find yourself in a constant loop with "fans" who aren't there to debate just wind people up.
I've got to say, I feel a sense of relief now I've deleted it and it's brought me back on here which is a good thing.

Must admit, I've deleted my twitter account because of the absolute bullshit I was reading on a daily basis. It was actually stressing me out. Journalist and official accounts have become self entitled in a way that is not seen elsewhere and you find yourself in a constant loop with "fans" who aren't there to debate just wind people up.
I've got to say, I feel a sense of relief now I've deleted it and it's brought me back on here which is a good thing.

#metoo

Its crazy as even if we accept UAE has questionable human rights standards by UK standards,In general the UAE is more tolerant than must countries in that region, take Iran where recently a prominent Iranian human rights lawyer Sotoudeh was prosecuted for taking off their mandatory headscarf and subsequently sentenced to 38 years in jail and 148 lashes by the Iranian regime. It should be criticised politically, however if one is really going to look for an angle to bring an association of such abuse to justify criticism of a sporting team, an investigative sports journalist wouldn't be too hard pushed to find multiple punishments( as in actually found guilty) instances of Standard Chartered laundering billions of $ on behalf of the Iranian regime.

Ironically Standard Chartered are a member of Global Banking Alliance for Women whilst funding perhaps one of the must oppressive regimes against women in the world. In addition to funding the Iranian regime which by the standards of today's sports journalism represents condoning the actions of abusing human right and oppression of woman they also fund Liverpool as primary sponsors which has been renewed even after Standard Chartered were found guilty of laundering cash on behalf of Iran. So if City as a club and fans can be criticised for UAE's actions then surely the bigger story an investigative journalists should be going for is Liverpool FC putting profit over decency in renewing a financial relationship with an organisation that has been found guilty of profiting by directly supporting an oppressive regime.
Yep nobody asks Arsenal fans or Real Madrid fans to justify the UAE's human rights issues either, they are football supporters, why should they have to? Are all these Jounos boycotting the Qatar world cup, not taking a penny from them? I hope so.

They seem to be asking the question how can you support a club with any links to "insert moral issue"? Are they really just trying to turn away the growing worldwide support who perhaps do not yet have strong bonds with the club? As well as potential commercial partners with the cheat label and so on?

I've never joined Facebook or Twitter(hard to not at least read twitter feeds these days though)... I regret making a youtube account sometimes. It's such a huge waste of time but hard to resist arguing against the complete bullshit people spout(for me anyway).

Last edited:
I've never joined Facebook or Twitter(hard to not at least read twitter feeds these days though)... I'm already regretting making a youtube account. It's such a huge waste of time but hard to resist arguing against the complete bullshit people spout(for me anyway).

I'm a very recent subscriber to twitter. Not sure how long I'll last, it's a bit like One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, within the first couple of hours a Dipper had blocked me for suggesting that City weren't actually the only football club involved in the child abuse scandal despite me showing great patience and restraint. On the positive side you get to read the thoughts of some excellent pro City people.

Yep nobody asks Arsenal fans or Real Madrid fans to justify the UAE's human rights issues either, they are football supporters, why should they have to? Are all these Jounos boycotting the Qatar world cup, not taking a penny from them? I hope so.

They seem to be asking the question how can you support a club with any links to "insert moral issue"? Are they really just trying to turn away the growing worldwide support who perhaps do not yet have strong bonds with the club? As well as potential commercial partners with the cheat label and so on?

Any club owned by Americans are totally fucked if we all go down that route of morals

Oh, we have 2, both play in red. The colour of the devil

I'm a very recent subscriber to twitter. Not sure how long I'll last, it's a bit like One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, within the first couple of hours a Dipper had blocked me for suggesting that City weren't actually the only football club involved in the child abuse scandal despite me showing great patience and restraint. On the positive side you get to read the thoughts of some excellent pro City people.
It's as someone has already said 90%(probably higher) of the time people aren't looking for discussion at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.