Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise when they dont even have the decency to congratulate us for winning the league! Where as if liverpool win champs league city twitter will be one of the first to congratulate them.
They and the media went overboard when congratulating themselves over winning the magnificent second place romantic and moral victors cup. I will do the same if Spurs give them a well earned battering in the final.

No surprise when they dont even have the decency to congratulate us for winning the league! Where as if liverpool win champs league city twitter will be one of the first to congratulate them.

Even the rags had more class when we pipped them in 2012, this is probably the only time I've heard a GPC interview with a big fook off grin on my face savouring the hurt he's got inside.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18053479

Made me smile....

Reply...

D7uXmpMWsAAGr39

So many of the adjectives Barry Davies uses to describe the Liverpool fans that day, are still as true today.
34 years ago to the day I arrived in Spain to start a new life. Little did I realise that there would be such an outburst of anger towards the English after the tragic events in Brussels. The following day I was in the Plaza Mayor in Madrid for a mass demonstration against what had happened, and it was difficult for me to explain (with my limited knowledge of the language back then) that not all English football suppporters were the same as the scum who had been responsible for so many deaths the previous evening.

Always the victims! RIP the 39.

34 years ago today

I've never actually watched the footage from the match before. I can't believe there are still people defending them and making excuses for them. Some moron in the comments section claiming it was an accident. It's an accident in the same way that punching someone in the face and them falling and smashing their head is an accident. And that would get you a murder conviction too. Unless he's too thick to know the difference between Heysel and Hillsborough. But I guess you couldn't blame a young scouser for only having heard of one of them given that Heysel never gets mentioned.

I've gotta say I know commentators and pundits get a lot of stick, but they all handled that terrible situation brilliantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.