Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comment at the bottom is accurate though.

You mean this....

Dukinfield Blue says:

May 29, 2019 at 8:12 am
What a crock of nonsense this article is, full of straw clutching and victim whining of the highest order. Khaldoon also highlighted Liverpool as excessive spenders breaking the world record for both a defender (Van Dyke) and a keeper (Allison), something city have never done.
In addition, Liverpool partake in the top ten transfers of all time, city don’t. It seems as usual, just like Hysel and the coach attack , the “truth” is something you completely disregard when it suits you.
You got beat.. fair and square, as you will again next year and the year after and the year after that. your victim whining articles so laced with Biased, non factual based innuendo will ever change that.
Come on you Spurs, absolutely hammer them in the CL final, do it for the whole of England. Justice for the 39!

You can quite legitimately add the 1989 First Division to that, in terms of capitulations.

My favourite ever non-City/non-England footballing moment. As others have said, I had no real dislike of Liverpool at the time but because nobody gave Arsenal a chance, I just had to be in their corner that night and when Thomas scored I celebrated in a way reserved only for important City goals.

I'm not sure whether it was a capitulation as such though. If we take that game in isolation, then yes, but IIRC it was Arsenal who were in the box seat for most of the season and collapsed during the run-in, whereas Liverpool went on a long unbeaten run after losing at Old Trafford on New Year's Day that wasn't far off our run in the second half of this season just gone. In fact, I've just checked and after losing that game to United, they were in 5th place and 9 points behind both Arsenal and Norwich, and even below Millwall in the table! Liverpool then went and won 15 and drew 3 of their next 18 games ahead of the title-decider against Arsenal

It’s rather embarrassing how defensive people get here. One has got to be a complete homer to not think luck was required to win the league just like every year you need a lot of luck to win the CL

There was nothing between us and Liverpool this year so it’s clear as day abit of luck here and there was needed
There’s no such thing as luck. Nor fate, destiny, omens or karma. It’s just preparation meeting opportunity or just pure physics and biomechanics.

A football is spherical and can bounce here or there, there are 22 players who can choose to or choose not to make efforts or make mistakes here and there, there are three officials making decisions that are often correct but sometimes incorrect. All of this coming together makes the chance of random things happening quite high.

“Luck” is something made up that the needy attribute to these random things happening in hindsight as some sort of justice or injustice depending on their viewpoint and allegiances.

And there was something between us and Liverpool this year: we achieved 1 more point, a +5 better GD, scored 6 more goals, we took 4 points off them and they only took one off us as we got a draw at their place and beat them at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean this....

Dukinfield Blue says:

May 29, 2019 at 8:12 am
What a crock of nonsense this article is, full of straw clutching and victim whining of the highest order. Khaldoon also highlighted Liverpool as excessive spenders breaking the world record for both a defender (Van Dyke) and a keeper (Allison), something city have never done.
In addition, Liverpool partake in the top ten transfers of all time, city don’t. It seems as usual, just like Hysel and the coach attack , the “truth” is something you completely disregard when it suits you.
You got beat.. fair and square, as you will again next year and the year after and the year after that. your victim whining articles so laced with Biased, non factual based innuendo will ever change that.
Come on you Spurs, absolutely hammer them in the CL final, do it for the whole of England. Justice for the 39!

Brilliant post, this thread is the Phil Jones Face of forums, it just keeps giving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.