Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

This is where we disagree because I do think the club has a moral obligation not to price long-serving match going fans out of the game.

The club has made it abundantly clear that they want our prices matching the likes of United and Liverpool, and it is no surprise that a large portion of the Rag and Dipper match going fan base are tourists.

You obviously see the ticket increases as the club maximising its income. I on the other hand see it as the club trying to slowly price out loyal customers for a new breed of fan with deeper wallets.

I find it very difficult to even imagine that the club wants to price out loyal supporters.

City are competing with other clubs, and our match-day revenue is way behind rivals like Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd etc.

Until the Premier League start regulating ticket prices, clubs will maximise every source of revenue they can.

I have seen fans say it's a drop in the ocean compared to corporate earnings which is true but the drops add up. Two or three seasons season ticket price increases pay a players wages, so ultimately it affects what you're watching. Fine if the league stop price increases then the inflationary arms race stops.

There’s absolutely no way a 3% rise ‘tips anyone over the edge’ mate.

Even if a SC was a grand, that’d still only be £30 over a year and £3 per month over 10 DDs.

If there’s a single person out there where £3 a month would cause them an issue, they’ve got much, much bigger problems than going to the match.
The logical extension of this ridiculous statement is that infinite above inflation increases will always be manageable for all because each time it is "only xxx".

You have to be numerically illiterate to argue that.

The logical extension of this ridiculous statement is that infinite above inflation increases will always be manageable for all because each time it is "only xxx".

You have to be numerically illiterate to argue that.

The fact I’m not coming on here crying like a little baby about these increases and have successfully found ways round them for a number of years should tell you I’m far from numerically illiterate.

You might want to read my other post.

It might help you with some ideas about how fellow blues could mitigate the increases.

It’s not rocket science.

This is where we disagree because I do think the club has a moral obligation not to price long-serving match going fans out of the game.

The club has made it abundantly clear that they want our prices matching the likes of United and Liverpool, and it is no surprise that a large portion of the Rag and Dipper match going fan base are tourists.

You obviously see the ticket increases as the club maximising its income. I on the other hand see it as the club trying to slowly price out loyal customers for a new breed of fan with deeper wallets.

Sorry mate but that is such naive thinking

I'm SS3 towards the back (cheap seats). Last year was £310, next season will be £325, so roughly a 5% increase. My lads has gone from £150 to £160.
Yes its annoying having a price increase, but if you look at it as being £25.53 per match, for adult & son, that's value for money.

Certainly good value mate, without a doubt.

What's the view like though? I'm concerned about a relocation as we love our current seats. The people around us too are very decent. But the time may come where we simply have to relocate and another part of the stadium will have to be considered.

I'm thinking that the view from up there will be a huge difference to what we're used to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.