Best (rather than favourite) Ever City Goal?

Dont think its been mentioned yet but I remember Alan Kernaghan scoring a ridiculous goal against Leicester. Think it was the only decent thing he did for us.

Spectacular solo goals after a mazy run or long-range smashes (could have gone anywhere) are all very well but excellent team goals are better. Joe Hayes in the first few minutes of the '56 Cup Final vs. Birmingham after a passing move that went the length of the field. More recently the goal at West Brom the season before last when City scored, forget who put it in the net, after about 326 uninterrupted passes.

Spectacular solo goals after a mazy run or long-range smashes (could have gone anywhere) are all very well but excellent team goals are better. Joe Hayes in the first few minutes of the '56 Cup Final vs. Birmingham after a passing move that went the length of the field. More recently the goal at West Brom the season before last when City scored, forget who put it in the net, after about 326 uninterrupted passes.

Leroy

Sane's goal away to Arsenal 2017/18.

Although the actual moment the ball hit his foot to go in it was more like he was trying to control it than finish, the build up at such pace is something I have never seen before. This was to put us 3 up away from home on a freezing cold Thursday night just days after we had played the same team in the League Cup final. City between 2017-19 are one of the best teams to ever exist and for me this was us at our most intense and powerful.

My choice too, purely because of the build-up to the goal. Absolutely sublime.....

The goalie touched it.

Oh yeah, he scored one away at Palace too I think as part of a hat trick.
Yes he did get another volley away at Palace...He actually got the Perfect Hatrick that day; Left foot goal,right foot...and a header.Great technique from the big man..
Loved watching us away from home in those days.It was full on Party Time.Fantastic days on the terraces.We we had a half decent team and we were loud as Fuck.

Gotta be a contender (skip the first 40 seconds):

I was there.twas a great goal.
Interesting to hear Martin Tyler sound almost subdued when Chelsea score,but pretty excited when City equalise.!

Great celebrations on that big old open Stamford Bridge away terrace.we took a few that day.and deserved the point.

And let's not forget Paul Powers incredible solo run from his own half to score away at AC Milan! Uefa cup 1978 I think...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.