It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Are you talking about Harry Kane?
Yes. A striker with a Goal record that can hold its own against Aguero's, and there aren't many players out there you can say that about. There's only really Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi who have much superior records and they are simply not obtainable in this market. I don't judge a players ability off a few games when he's not 100% fit post league season. Kane is a World Class Striker when he's fully fit and his goal record suggests that.

Yes. A striker with a Goal record that can hold its own against Aguero's, and there aren't many players out there you can say that about. There's only Ronaldo and Messi who have much superior records and they are simply not obtainable. I don't judge a players ability of a few games when he's not 100% fit. Kane is a World Class Striker when he's fully fit and his goal record suggests that.
He would look lost playing for us

I like Jesus, but I can't see him ever leading the line week in week out. I don't think Pep fully trusts him.

I agree.

Jesus will have a great career, but I only ever see him getting to Dzeko level in regards to goal output.

That's not a bad level though. Dzeko during his time at Wolfsburg, City and Roma (second season), has played at a very high level.

He will never replace Aguero though.

Even at Independiente and Atletico you knew he was destined to be one of the best of his generation.

Yes. A striker with a Goal record that can hold its own against Aguero's, and there aren't many players out there you can say that about. There's only Ronaldo and Messi who have much superior records and they are simply not obtainable. I don't judge a players ability of a few games when he's not 100% fit. Kane is a World Class Striker when he's fully fit and his goal record suggests that.

He wouldn't get anywhere near our team. He's a striker that does nothing for 85 mins of the game and then scores a goal. Spurs are a better team without him.
I find it very hard to believe that you could possibly think he would be a good fit for us.

He wouldn't get anywhere near our team. He's a striker that does nothing for 85 mins of the game and then scores a goal. Spurs are a better team without him.
I find it very hard to believe that you could possibly think he would be a good fit for us.
Goals win games do they not? Or do I watch a different sport?

I'm sure you don't even believe they are a better team without him. They did well in a few games without him and you're basing an opinion on that, but take Harry Kane out of that side and they aren't anywhere near a top 4 side.

Are you suggesting that we need a player like that in order to win games? We do pretty well with 11 players for 90 mins.
No, but what are we losing when Aguero goes? A goal scorer. So wouldn't it make sense to replace him with another Natural Goal Scorer, or are you suggesting we just put Sterling upfront and pretend he can be our Aguero?
Who else can replace Aguero in the market today? There's only Kane and Mbappe with goal records who can compare to Aguero's. Lewandowski is far too old, Ronaldo/Messi are not going to come, Werner is unproven in a top league.

To find another Aguero - a natural goal scorer is the hardest job we will have. Kane makes sense, whether he suits our style or that he isn't a tippy tappy player he knows where the net is, like Aguero. Pep would coach him to adapt and become an "even better" goalscorer than he is already.

This is why the Alan Shearer's and Thierry Henry's are still talked about today, because like Aguero these sort of players are unusual and Kane is included in this conversation. If Kane can score in a team with very little service, imagine how many goals he can score in this team with the service we can provide? He'd score even more. Like Khaldoon once said - look at the facts.

It's all well and good saying "let's put Sterling upfront" but he's not a natural goal scorer of this ilk and your team would be losing 20 goals. I want guarantees and not maybe's because goals/goal scorers are what win you titles. Take Aguero out of our side and we are not winning any of our trophies. End of story.
Kane fits the bill. Proven in the English League, strong, can hold the ball up, deadly inside the box, good work ethic and young.

Gabriel Jesus is not the answer to the replacement of Aguero. So in the end if we don't act now or in the next window, we will end up putting ourself back a year or two. It's far more important than replacing Fernandinho. Gundogan is a sound replacement short term. You just have to take a look at how Madrid snow balled last season due to not replacing Ronaldo's goals.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.