City's New Kits - 2019/20

You should write to the club and let them know when you moved to Manchester and what music you like so they know which Mancunian social and cultural movements they are allowed to reference.
None of them, just make a football kit.

Blue and white preferably for the home one.

Yeah got that shirt when Umbro re-released it, cracker!

Also love these:
DgKO6e3WsAIRA5b.jpg

Zinfandel.jpg

This this^ is my favourite, imagine that with the new badge on (the 2017-18 kit was burgundy or Vimto rather than maroon)

Completely regret not buying that shirt. Do you know of any place I could buy it now???

None of them, just make a football kit.

Blue and white preferably for the home one.
Fair enough. We have three kits every year, personally I don’t have a problem with them trying a few different things particularly with the away kits. And when the club and the supporter base are increasingly becoming more globalised, I think it’s a nice touch to have the odd thing like this that references Manchester history and culture. I don’t really understand why it would upset anyone.

What I never understand with City is how our new kits are never out until the season nearly kicks off.

Utd have theirs out now. Families go on holidays soon. The kids would love a new top no doubt especially with the gold champions badge

Is it because the Nike deal ends on a certain date?

But it's every year, not just this one. Surely it's not hard to get the home kit out by mid June?

Same with the DVD. The season reviews used to be a great father's day stocking filler, always ready by start of June. Now you're lucky if it's out before the new season has kicked off.

Yes, you could argue there's a bit more to go in them these days. But on the other hand in the 90s you needed time for interviews with the 3 new managers each season.

Marketing teams at Puma and City :

Sales = ..........
Profit = ..........

Bluemoon posters :
"Blue and white only please."

City and Puma (or any other kit manufacturer) :

"Okay, so how many people are gonna buy a kit that looks almost identical to the one they bought last season? Then, next season, buy ANOTHER Home shirt that, er, looks very similar to the previous one? Of course, this also applies to AWAY and 3rd kits!"

Bluemoon posters :
" BUT, BUT, BUT...."

City and Puma :
"We believe that we will SELL MANY more kits if we continue to have amendments or slight tweaks to kits we know are favoured by many Blues"

Bluemoon poster :
"We don't like the new kits and I won't be buying one and have NOT worn a kit for 20 years now!!"

City and Puma :
"Yes, no worries. That is one of our main considerations when we plan our marketing strategies. Our statistics clearly show that Sales revenue and profits are increasing season upon season. Targeting the YOUNGER market has been a huge success and we will continue to explore innovative and creative ideas as we move forward"

Bluemoon poster:
"Well, I don't like the constant changes. I have three children and they ALL insist on a new kit every season. I can afford them but it is just not fair."

City and Puma :
"Thanks for your input. We are enclosing a link to the new training tops. Your kids will love 'em!!"

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.