Player numbers available

We're bigger on retiring numbers here in the USA, I couldn't imagine a player of Kompany's stature ever having his number worn again by his club.

Our number 9 shirt hasn’t had much success has it, not in recent times. Who’s had it in the last 10 years.. Mpenza, Ade, Nolito, negredo.. am I missing any?
Was thinking for ages who had it recently, only remember Wanchope

We're bigger on retiring numbers here in the USA, I couldn't imagine a player of Kompany's stature ever having his number worn again by his club.
Yes but after 86 years ( and we were the first ever club to wear numbers, along with our opponents everton) we would be on stupidly high figures, if we retired all numbers from anyone who was good for us.

True. As did Tommy Caton(RIP) and Kernaghan. But to my mind, it's 1. 3-4-5-2. 11-6-8-7. 9-10.
Could be an age thing though as im about 29mm over 50.
It’s supposed to be:
formation_235_numbers.png

Goalkeeper
1. Ederson

Full backs
2. Stones
3. Laporte

Half backs
4. Walker
5. Fernandinho
6. Mendy

Forwards
7. Sterling
8. Bernardo
9. Kun Agüero
10. de Bruyne
11. Sané

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but after 86 years ( and we were the first ever club to wear numbers, along with our opponents everton) we would be on stupidly high figures, if we retired all numbers from anyone who was good for us.

My favorite baseball team (Phillies) has been around since 1883 and only have retired 5 numbers (1,14,20,32,36). The rule is that you have to be a Hall of Famer which is really rare. If you did it you'd have to be beyond great maybe so great that Merlin wouldn't be included.

Was thinking for ages who had it recently, only remember Wanchope
Nine.
Quinn(121 league games),
Dickov (21 league games),
Wanchope (49 league games),
Cole (22 league games),
Mpenza (25 league games),
Bojinov (11 league games),
Adebayor (8 league games using them number 9),
Negredo (32 league games),
Nolito (19 league games).
5 Premier League seasons without being used.

Has there been a squad number of 1-11 less used in the Premier League years by City?

We were the first teams in a cup final, but not ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.