Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, take a look over on Foxes Forum at the Harry Maguire thread, to get an idea of what they think of him. And they see him every other week (or every week, if they're away matchgoing fans).

Obviously, we've been spoilt by Guardiola. And the individuals we have now. It's easy to look past a lot of quality unless it's some marquee signing or star name that pops up.

Yeah I completely agree with that. Aerial ability, experience, physicality. He brings more positives than negatives if one can honestly look past the fee for once. Mobility won't be as big of an issue if he improves his game even more, Otamendi isn't the fastest but he read the game brilliantly in that peak form winning run he had.
Those ropey 10,15,20 mins we tend to have against Spurs and Liverpool when we're hanging on when they go long will also be a thing of the past.
Totally agree. He brings more positives than negatives.

Those ropey 10,15,20 mins we tend to have against Spurs and Liverpool when we're hanging on when they go long will also be a thing of the past.
Totally agree. He brings more positives than negatives.
If he’s playing the same high line as we tend to now then I don’t see what he’ll improve when teams go long. His blistering pace won’t help that’s for sure.

I can only think of my angst at game one of the new season, when due to a couple of preseason

injuries and the selling of Otamendi for peanuts. We line up with ederson in goal, with Walker &

Zinchenko fullbacks and £80m Maguire teamed up with £40m Mangala as centre back pairing.

Beaten 2:0 with x2 headed goals, both from corners, from the tall Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez.

If Vincent Kompany £4m & Harry Maguire £80m were in an Aldi Tv Ad, I would say [on Kompany],

"I really like(d) this one and [on Maguire ],............................................CUT!

But is he even good enough for that, he's 26 going to be 27 the idea of spending 75m+ on a short term CB doesn't really appeal to me
Short term !!!!!
The bloke will probably get a 5 year deal taking him up to 32 years of age.Look at the age of John Terry,our very own Vinny and numerous other centre halves.
Deary deary me,talk about tunnel vision.

Just the wrong side of 25. But still got his best years in-front of him as a centre half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.