Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that rags are stocking up in English players under the guise that “Ole’s rebuilding”

Could Gill have alerted them that the number of homegrown in squads is going to be increased??? Another way to stop City buying top foreign players now FFP can’t stop us.

Could also be the reason we’re going for McGuire.

Hope we don’t sell Muric - loan for a season maybe.

Dont know but if we go out of europe does signing players change.

Otamendi 17/18 is a prime example of players with little passing ability still adapting because they understand the requirements for the system. We already have a ball playing centre half in Laporte, Maguire could be the no nonsense guy.

But is he even good enough for that, he's 26 going to be 27 the idea of spending 75m+ on a short term CB doesn't really appeal to me

No matter who we sign I'm relaxed in the knowledge that Pep is steering the good ship man city, this is the best team we have ever seen in the Premier league (stats and records prove this) and if Pep says we haven't peaked yet then we are in for more of the same for the foreseeable future, Very happy days indeed.

But is he even good enough for that, he's 26 going to be 27 the idea of spending 75m+ on a short term CB doesn't really appeal to me

No, he doesn't justify his price at all. He just gives us more assurance at the back instead of Otamendi. And a few more years than Otamendi can. That's all really, plus pushing Stones and Laporte better than him. When you look at it from the perspective of selling Otamendi to bring in Maguire for additional money it doesn't sound as bad. But ideally, him not coming at all would be best. And us signing someone else for a lower price.

No matter who we sign I'm relaxed in the knowledge that Pep is steering the good ship man city, this is the best team we have ever seen in the Premier league (stats and records prove this) and if Pep says we haven't peaked yet then we are in for more of the same for the foreseeable future, Very happy days indeed.
Couldn't agree more, some sense for once. instead of the constant bitchin that goes on in this place. its shocking the bitching that goes on. After the last 2 years of out of this world achievements, winning in a way and winning the amount of trophies in the style we have than any of us could ever have imagined in our wildest dreams and we are bitching if we think a player that the quite possibly greatest coach to ever live feels is good enough to sign for us? beggars belief sometimes

No, he doesn't justify his price at all. He just gives us more assurance at the back instead of Otamendi. And a few more years than Otamendi can. That's all really, plus pushing Stones and Laporte better than him. When you look at it from the perspective of selling Otamendi to bring in Maguire for additional money it doesn't sound as bad. But ideally, him not coming at all would be best. And us signing someone else for a lower price.
How do you justify any transfer fee given the state of the market? I think he'd improve our defence. Outstanding in the air, and good on the ball. He's pretty much the ideal player Pep would be looking for. He's perhaps not as mobile as we would like, but I want him at City.

No doubt City have a list of alternatives, but all the other players would come with a much higher risk factor as you never really know how a foreign based player will handle the physicality of the Premier League.

Couldn't agree more, some sense for once. instead of the constant bitchin that goes on in this place. its shocking the bitching that goes on. After the last 2 years of out of this world achievements, winning in a way and winning the amount of trophies in the style we have than any of us could ever have imagined in our wildest dreams and we are bitching if we think a player that the quite possibly greatest coach to ever live feels is good enough to sign for us? beggars belief sometimes
God forbid we have opinions on potential signings.
Pep might very well consider him ‘good enough’ but I’d bet my last pound that he isn’t his first choice. He’s a decent CB who’s currently playing at his level. If Pep can mould him into this Baresi/Maldini hybrid that some seem to thinks possible then fair fucks to him.
Makes you wonder why we haven’t seen Mangala given a shot though if it’s true he can improve every player.

How do you justify any transfer fee given the state of the market? I think he'd improve our defence. Outstanding in the air, and good on the ball. He's pretty much the ideal player Pep would be looking for. He's perhaps not as mobile as we would like, but I want him at City.

No doubt City have a list of alternatives, but all the other players would come with a much higher risk factor as you never really know how a foreign based player will handle the physicality of the Premier League.
Yeah I completely agree with that. Aerial ability, experience, physicality. He brings more positives than negatives if one can honestly look past the fee for once. Mobility won't be as big of an issue if he improves his game even more, Otamendi isn't the fastest but he read the game brilliantly in that peak form winning run he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.