Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

Be a good signing for Tottenham. Not necessarily a huge improvement to their team simply fills the gap left by Dembele. Someone to resist the press, carry the ball forward and keep play ticking over whilst putting a shift in defensively.

Great signing!

When he destroyed us when we played Lyon I thought this guy is the absolute bollocks and thought it would be a dead cert that we sign him!

Obvs pep has seen something he doesn’t like and as always, in pep we trust

It's interesting that Ndombele was linked to so many elite clubs who've all opted for different targets in the end. De Jong to Barca, Rodri to City, you know?

I don't watch any French football so I know nothing about him beyond what he did to us in the Champions League, but it appears he was a little inconsistent during patches of last season. Those who watch a lot of Ligue 1 say he was always good for the big occasion but occasionally struggled to impose his will on matches he really should have taken control of, apparently much like Lyon themselves. You'd expect that from such a young player with the potential he has, though, and I'm sure Pochettino will get a great tune out of him. I just wonder if that's why City and Barca have gone for other players in the end despite being so heavily linked with Ndombele after Christmas.

It just reminds me of the time Spurs signed Aurier, who was heavily linked to a whole host of elite clubs around Europe for quite some time, only for those elite clubs to go cold on him and pursue other targets instead. Barca went for Semedo, City went for Walker, and Aurier went to Spurs. Admittedly Aurier had serious, serious attitude problems that Ndombele doesn't seem to have, but I'm curious as to why one of the hottest prospects in European football hasn't been snapped up by clubs who could have easily blown Spurs out of the water if they really wanted him.

Based entirely on those two performances he produced against us last season, I'm sure he'll be a fantastic signing for Spurs, and getting a starting player in such an important position for £55m is great business in this market. Considering Winks is never fit and considering Sissoko's improvement might not carry over into next season, it's wise for Levy and Pochettino to see Spurs as a team who still need major improvements and a deeper squad, as opposed to a team who maybe don't need that much in the way of enhancement simply because they made the Champions League final.

As others have said, we can't sign all of them. We'll have Fernandinho and Gundogan and potentially Rodri who could all slot into defensive midfield next season, there really won't be any room for Ndombele.

People liken him to Yaya, myself included previously in the thread, for both good and bad reasons.

Who would Yaya replace in our current side?

Yeah, I can see the comparisons too although Yaya's quality and end product was better. Yaya was a fabulous passer and, something I think underrated by many, his finishing was of the level of a top class striker.

With the way Pep sets up the team and the players we have, I doubt Yaya would start in our strongest line-up. Not because of quality bit purely because of 'fit'.

i feel like i'm going against the grain but i wasn't overly impressed by his games against us - sure his energy was phenomenal and he caused all sorts of disruption, but i felt a lot of his game was based on bustle and energy and being up for it, as opposed to actual world class quality.

Now i dont watch Ligue 1, so i could be wildly incorrect, but i'm not sure he has the consistency. Anyway, could turn out to be the best ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.