David Silva leaves City after 10 years

True, in terms of quality, but if BS does Dave's job, we need someone to be a replacement for him, as their roles are not quite the same, and we'll still be a player short

I think the dream scenario is that Foden becomes the new Bernardo (think his first season when he was basically 12th man), Bernardo takes on Silva's role in the squad and then a new kid, like Tommy Doyle, replaces Foden.

absolutely gutted that the time is upon us. After signing all those years ago he has gone on to become a true City legend and my all time favourite player.

Been truly blessed and it has been a privilege to have him in our team, club and watch him play

One more season left - it would be great to cement a 3rd straight premier league title in a row and get the CL in the bag as well for an added bonus

Very sad day that will be in my opinion city's greatest ever player, and yes I saw colin bell, we have truly been blessed over the last 10 years with magnificent players at our club.
Ditto. However, he has only ever won the Player of the Month award once; cast-iron proof, if any were needed, of the agenda against all things City!

Gutted for him what a great for him to bow hands down the greatest player to pull on the shirt.

Arguably the greatest City player ever to wear our colours, always dreaded the day he decided to hang his boots up but if he feels its the right time, that's good enough for me.
One of the true geniuses ever to play the beautiful game, saying he will be sorely missed just does not even scratch the surface.. I hope he comes back some day, in whatever capacity suits him and sprinkles some more of his utter genius over the club and fans..!

He has never been truly recognised by the media because of who he played for but i have never spoken to another clubs fans, even the rags and dippers who have not been awestruck by his ability over the last 10 years...!

It is time. Nobody likes to see even the greats hang on by reputation alone.

David really did seem to struggle at times towards the end of the season.

Reading some of his quotes, he did not enjoy the intensity of the title race?

If one man deserves to lift the European Cup, it will be him.

One day we will do it, and, rest assured, he will be there, whether it is next season, or sat in the stands with Mateo in the years to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.