New MCFC History section on Bluemoon

Just thought I'd bump (and sticky for a bit) this thread, as a lot of people don't know about this.

Last edited:
Just seen this for the first time. Amazing how much there is for a club with no istree, la.
Well done guys, luv it.

Just thought I'd bump (and sticky for a bit) this thread, as a lot of people don't know about this.

Nice work, and the bump was well timed for me, I saw the section when I joined and found it a bit lacking, never checked since so missed the mass update & effort on your part.

Weekly No History Trivia:

Without looking at the History page, name all of the current and former City players with surnames starting with X, Y, or Z.

Really a lot of the posters on here who just go straight to the forum to amd never look at the site miss out on a lot of info.

I have used the matches page many a time to reference past games amd players, always useful and people should go check it out
It's a great resource. Some small things need updating, but it's an excellent part of the site.

Very much agree with the compliments. It’s very good.
I wonder if there is any way old newspaper Match reports could be added? Especially from 72 onwards when I first started going. I’ve always been keen to read these reports.
Guess it would be a huge exercise even if possible

Very much agree with the compliments. It’s very good.
I wonder if there is any way old newspaper Match reports could be added? Especially from 72 onwards when I first started going. I’ve always been keen to read these reports.
Guess it would be a huge exercise even if possible
Think you'd have to go back into the archives of the Local History Library (If it's still there) in St. Peter's Square and trawl through the microfiche records. Anytime I did research there, whirring the handles on those old machines, I found myself getting distracted from whichever articles on political events, etc. I was looking at by going to the back pages and reading the sports reports.

From me too, a big thank you to Gary James and co. for the splendid job they've done with these records. It's a labour of love. One thing I' wish could be added (and might not require tons of extra work) is a note at the end of each season's list of results saying where City finished in the league that season. This is included in the old "Manchester City, the Complete Record" book, apologies if I've missed it in the on-line material.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.