City's New Kits - 2019/20

I hate beetroot. Used to be forced on me on a rare day in the summer that was hot so my Mom would decide a feckin salad was the dinner. A feckin salad! This was in 70/80s Ireland where a feckin salad was a giant thick leaf of lettuce, a cold hard boiled egg and slice of feckin beetroot. Shudder.
Haha. I’ve no doubt that even today there’s one or two pubs and restaurants serving up that culinary delight. Just looking at a jar of beetroot makes me want to hurl.

Can you imagine those forum when the purple away kit came out.....

I loved it at the time.
But I was about 16.
Chill out shirts look fine

You mean early/mid 90s one.

If that came.out now as the away I would love it, as I did then the design was a simple one with a nod to 56 and the purple/white/yellow worked well.

As did the white/navy 3rd kit of the same.template

Simple designs normally are the best kits,

Shit does anyone remember when we didn't know where our next point was coming from. And now we're moaning about the sodding kits. It's blue with our badge on it. That will do me.

I remeber people moaning about the kits since the 90s, nothing new, just this internet lark makes more people hear the moans

I’ve had messages asking me about the new MCFC kits. I’ve not seen them so don’t know what they are like (only seen leaked images which may or may not be true of course) and can’t comment but it is worth saying this: It’s fashion and loyalty initially that dictates whether a shirt sells but it’s success, key moments, memory building days that make the kit part of club Folklore or not.

Two of the cult must have away MCFC kits that fans talk positively and fondly of were two of the most hated kits at the time of their launch. The 1968-69 red/black stripes and the 1998-99 day glow stripes. In 68 the Allison introduced kit was initially hated and fans sent letters to the club and papers complaining about it. Allison didn’t care and stuck to his guns and by the end of that season it was hugely popular. So much so that fans supported Allison when he insisted on wearing it in Europe and games where there was no colour clash (prior to this City always tried to wear blue only changing if there was a clash).

The 98-99 kit became popular as it became to signify City’s fightback and resurrection. So, for me, the significance and popularity of any kit comes on the pitch. I don’t get worked up about away kits these days. As a historian I have views on tradition but as a fan I just want my team to perform and make history whatever they wear.

I’ve had messages asking me about the new MCFC kits. I’ve not seen them so don’t know what they are like (only seen leaked images which may or may not be true of course) and can’t comment but it is worth saying this: It’s fashion and loyalty initially that dictates whether a shirt sells but it’s success, key moments, memory building days that make the kit part of club Folklore or not.

Two of the cult must have away MCFC kits that fans talk positively and fondly of were two of the most hated kits at the time of their launch. The 1968-69 red/black stripes and the 1998-99 day glow stripes. In 68 the Allison introduced kit was initially hated and fans sent letters to the club and papers complaining about it. Allison didn’t care and stuck to his guns and by the end of that season it was hugely popular. So much so that fans supported Allison when he insisted on wearing it in Europe and games where there was no colour clash (prior to this City always tried to wear blue only changing if there was a clash).

The 98-99 kit became popular as it became to signify City’s fightback and resurrection. So, for me, the significance and popularity of any kit comes on the pitch. I don’t get worked up about away kits these days. As a historian I have views on tradition but as a fan I just want my team to perform and make history whatever they wear.
Rag!

Who are you to tell us about history, Liverpool fan's coming on to our kit forum and they just hark on about ISTORY

So In other words what Gary has very politely articulated is stop moaning about the purple, you’ll be loving it if we win the champs league in it

I like both, rather have something distinctive than the same cut and paste job every year.
Some people on here wouldn't be happy unless edi was wearing a flat cap and green polo neck jumper and bouncing the ball really quickly across his area ,its sad really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.