Little things in games you enjoy

Sergio’s walk off when being substituted always makes me smile, it’s almost an art form, this season coming watch for players who know they are being hooked make their way to the centre spot with the new rules coming in.

One that I used to like, but don’t think you hear quite as often these days, was the collective shout from the crowd of ‘man on!’ People in the crowd respond differently to all other moments in games, yet the danger of a player being dispossessed seems to provoke a collective and simultaneous response. :-)

One of the greatest sights in football is David Silva receiving the ball and then turning towards the oppo goal in one beautiful fluid movement.

I also used to really enjoy a Micah Richards charge into the box

I always quite enjoy the opposition players having an argument in the wake of conceeding against us.

Kev dropping deep, and I mean level with Ederson at times, when being man marked and his marker being clueless about what to do next.

A fullbacks' catch 22 situation when were attacking and have created a numerical advantage, does he go wide and leave Sergio, or mark that proven biggest goal threat and leave Sane, Bernardo, Mahrez or Sterling with a run on goal?

Any time a commentators 'research' slaps them in the face. For example, we could be informed by a Tyler-type this coming season how Sheffield United haven't lost to city in almost a decade, and damn the circumstances! Hopefully only for five minutes later for him to have to describe the keeper picking Sergio's shot out of the back of his net.

One that I used to like, but don’t think you hear quite as often these days, was the collective shout from the crowd of ‘man on!’ People in the crowd respond differently to all other moments in games, yet the danger of a player being dispossessed seems to provoke a collective and simultaneous response. :-)
Great shout.

A player you dislike intensely playing for a team you dislike intensely is bitching and moaning about something or another, and at that precise moment a seagull lets a turd fly directly above the player's head and it plops squishily into his cake hole.

That, and I love when the crowd mockingly cheers a referee for getting a foul call right on the opposition after several miscalls consecutively.

Another one that you no longer hear in the upper echelons is the ‘clack-clack’ of the substitution boards being hit together to get the referee’s attention. Would recognise that sound anywhere, very distinct.

I used to like - and correct me if I’m wrong - the United keeper running towards the North Stand at Maine Road to rapturous applause. I’m thinking of Leighton and Schmeichel. As they approached the penalty area, they’d think “How reasonable?” and applaud back only to be met with a rousing rendition of “Who the fucking hell are you?”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.