Yaya Toure Retires - City Legend and one of the Best ever

Machiavelli, sort yourself out. What a fatuous question. Intelligent men, actually, is the answer to your inane enquiry.

I've owned several ad loved them all. They are elegant, beautiful and understated.

Not like you.And anyone who thinks cats are "horrible" needs a brain transplant. So there....

Being a great footballer doesn’t make him intelligent there is no correlation whatsoever between the two. I never said he wasn’t a great player (in fact I specifically said he was a great player). He comes across however as dumb as toast. Speaking languages isn’t a sign of intelligence. Many 4 year olds can be bi-lingual or better but ask them their opinion on current political events or ask them to solve a logical puzzle and they are likely to pick their nose and flick it at you. Yaya comes across as a serious dumbo in interviews (listen to him being interviewed at Brighton - on more than one occasion he didnt answer the question and they as to drag him back, or when he picked 6 forwards in his best 11) whilst his agents comments which he doesn’t resolve hardly dispel the rumour. For info the cat reference is a metaphor
Aren't there different spectrums of intelligence though?

If you believe being able to argue pointlessly about politics all day and talking piffle, is the pinnacle of human intelligence, I beg to differ.

As for Yaya, he seems to have a genuine case of social anxiety to me. It can be hard for people like that to think clearly and articulate themselves properly when put on the spot. It doesn't mean they are stupid or incapable of intelligent thought.

Last edited:
Yes pal.I hear you.
All Africans are thick and sound as "dumb as toast " when speaking. .even if they are conversing in their 5th language.

And if you really think talking about your bloody pet cat shitting itself was a suitable metaphor when discussing Yaya Toure.....I pity you .

Fwiw I have listened to many of your own countryman speak over the years. .and not been able to understand much of what they were saying. I didn't however form the opinion they were thick/of low intelligence.
Respect for others different to me is high on my list of values.. .
English footballers speak like this:
“Errrrr yeah no errr like, at the end of the day, errr it’s like, err he done a good job errr an errrr ee finks it’s errr still in the bag and see err wiv dat err top top players err get the job done man err you know?!”

Machiavelli, sort yourself out. What a fatuous question. Intelligent men, actually, is the answer to your inane enquiry.

I've owned several ad loved them all. They are elegant, beautiful and understated.

Not like you.And anyone who thinks cats are "horrible" needs a brain transplant. So there....
Weirdo.

giphy.gif

Cats are cnuts.....fact

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.