Welcome Rodri - Signing Confirmed

Nah. He'll never have Yaya's flair (although has a good shot on him) but he'll be far more tactically disciplined and a far better platform to build on. Wouldn't worry about acclimitising to the English game either, he'll relish it, has a bit of the NDJ in him :)

yaya was signed from barca and was playing in the same way as a holding midfield player that could also play in a 3, but at city they pushed him more forward and we used his control from a higher starting role because of his power to hold onto the ball and muscle players around and i can see that in rodri style also

pep knows his game better than me and the only down side i can see for rodri is the time on the ball in the premier league ?? he will get found out if he does not learn quick and understand the speed of players are different in england and that they are on you in a flash, but the better players find it ok and city will have options to pass it out into midfield so again his is world class so should be ok

maybe pep will go with both fernandinho and rodri and control the game more like at the end of last season when things got tight without fernandinho, pep had the 2 midfield doing his job in rotation and we looked better in a 2 holding midfield

yaya was signed from barca and was playing in the same way as a holding midfield player that could also play in a 3, but at city they pushed him more forward and we used his control from a higher starting role because of his power to hold onto the ball and muscle players around and i can see that in rodri style also

pep knows his game better than me and the only down side i can see for rodri is the time on the ball in the premier league ?? he will get found out if he does not learn quick and understand the speed of players are different in england and that they are on you in a flash, but the better players find it ok and city will have options to pass it out into midfield so again his is world class so should be ok

maybe pep will go with both fernandinho and rodri and control the game more like at the end of last season when things got tight without fernandinho, pep had the 2 midfield doing his job in rotation and we looked better in a 2 holding midfield
Yaya was a far more attacking player at Monaco and Olympiakos, he'd always had it in him. Rodri won't get that freedom here, he'll get more than he has at Atleti but we need a more disciplined player more than another Yaya. Wouldn't worry about time on the ball. Midfield is every bit as tough in la liga time wise as the premier league and he'll enjoy the physical side of the PL.

Expected a translated interview only for him to speak good English and even do a live press conference. Wow.

Then watched his 2018 Villarreal highlights playing for a more attacking team than Atletico and Rodrigo looks like a bargain already. Everyone should give it a watch. Shows his great range of passing.

Really excited for this signing. We’ve finally got a DM!!! And he looks like one with world class potential.

Hope Giggs starts to play him for Wales. No excuses not to now he’ll be in the PL every week.

Good luck salvaging the Euro qualifications Rodri. You should have been picked over Ramsay from the start.

Really? NDombele has been brilliant every time I've seen him, great feet, explosive acceleration, great passer. I think he looks tailor made for the Prem. I've never seen Rodders over a full game, what would you say he's like?

The obvious comparison seems to be Busquets, But there's a fine line between a Busquets and a Carrick or Javi Garcia. They're all slow at running and good at passing. I think Biscuits stands head and shoulders because of his reading of the game, quick thinking and willingness to play the ball forwards and keep the tempo up. Does Rodders do the the same?
Lyon’s best matches of the season were the two against us and beating PSG. The rest of their season they were wildly inconsistent including Ndombele. Aouar’s form has dropped even as recently for the U21’s and Fekir who was once touted at record fees is now being offered to clubs at a discount.

And yes Rodri does read the game as well as Busquets, quicker and wants to add more to his offensive game like he was at Villarreal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.