Yaya Toure Retires - City Legend and one of the Best ever

Watched the Sky Premier League 2013/14 Slippy G season, the other day and it showed just how much Yaya played a leading role in winning the title that season (and Dzeko).
Great season from a great player. How he wasn't POTY (and Pelligrini wasn't MOTY) defies sensible logic. Suarez and Pardew!

Pity about how it all went wrong mainly because of the agent IMO.

Great player who served for 8 seasons, yes things went a bit awry at the end but not once did the man say anything against the club and not once did he create a contract ransom situation, he had / has HIS issue with Pep, that's personal and that's his opinion. I am not going to discredit someone because of their personal view on another individual.

Eight seasons of quality service. Yaya would always remain a legend, one of the immortal four signed by Bobby, together they sparked the revolution and laid the building blocks that made us the team we are today.

@i♥city!

You're entitled to your opinion as well as the generous use of bold font. Yaya may indeed act like an infant but you cannot distance yourself from the actions of your representation, they work for the player not the other way around. Citing racism or causing a stir is not the first time the pair have been a nuisance to their club, he did this at Barcelona & Monaco and I suspect he likely had issues of one kind or another at Donetsk & Olympiakos. He did not, however, always put in a 10/10 performance due to bouts of laziness and this was a big reason why Yaya left Barcelona (Along with the issue of wages) and was apprehensive about Guardiola's hiring at City. He knew he wouldn't be able to get away with anything less than the effort he was being asked to give by Pep

You find an example of Messi's petulance or falsely accusing a respected human being of being a racist then by all means there's a discussion to be had - else I would recommend not being a clickbait tool.

Yaya's racist rant coupled with Seluk's disrespect was met with exactly the sort of reaction I have come to love from Guardiola -apologize or love the bench

@i♥city!

You're entitled to your opinion as well as the generous use of bold font. Yaya may indeed act like an infant but you cannot distance yourself from the actions of your representation, they work for the player not the other way around. Citing racism or causing a stir is not the first time the pair have been a nuisance to their club, he did this at Barcelona & Monaco and I suspect he likely had issues of one kind or another at Donetsk & Olympiakos. He did not, however, always put in a 10/10 performance due to bouts of laziness and this was a big reason why Yaya left Barcelona (Along with the issue of wages) and was apprehensive about Guardiola's hiring at City. He knew he wouldn't be able to get away with anything less than the effort he was being asked to give by Pep

You find an example of Messi's petulance or falsely accusing a respected human being of being a racist then by all means there's a discussion to be had - else I would recommend not being a clickbait tool.

Yaya's racist rant coupled with Seluk's disrespect was met with exactly the sort of reaction I have come to love from Guardiola -apologize or love the bench

Messi can't accuse anyone of racism because he probably haven't found himself on the end of that stick, in Spain the South Americans are seen as Spanish, however there were verified media reports of David Villa and the back room staff in Barcelona having a fall out with Messi, Messi was given the nick name " the little dictator" and "napoleon" as a result of his tantrums, reports in Chile even confirmed Sanchez had a fall out with Messi after Messi humiliated him on the picth for not passing the ball to him quickly. You can search youtube there's a footage of the Messi Sanchez incident, and then there's the endless pay raise issue, if Ronaldo gets 10k extra then Messi demands 10k+1 extra , it became a dick measuring contest that went too far in La liga and everyone in Spain including the Barcelona faithfuls got sick of it, then there's was the two way power tussle between Messi and Pep, this was when Pep tried to enforce the diet change but Messi wouldn't change his diet and kept drinking Soda, eventually certain senior players at Barca like Xavi to name a few had a fall out with Messi, this happened the year Pep took his sabattical! despite all this, I doubt if you would ever say something bad about Messi or try to tarnish his legacy. Yaya's legacy as one of the greats is set in stone, its fucking timeless so let go of your smear campaign, Ok?

Here's a friendly advice, if you are looking for an ex City player to destroy then here's a few to go at - Adebayor, Nasri, Tevez, Milner but going against Yaya is an effort in futility, it just wouldn't work!

Have a nice day ;)

Last edited:
Shame you missed out the part about Dzeko when highlighting. He was the one to score goals that season when everyone else's had dried up.

I loved Dzeko. He had loads of poor performances but he was vital in the run in. That goal vs Everton helped us clinch the title.

@i♥city! I thought it was made simple enough for you but apparently I was wrong - Did Yaya disgrace himself & his legacy by accusing Pep of being a racist and throwing a strop with his agent on playing under Guardiola?

You don't think his actions remotely tarnished anything of how he will be / should be remembered?

People can separate the two but I generally don't (hence I still love a lot of our players from the lower divisions with obviously lesser quality etc) - magnificent player for the majority of his time at the club but I can't be having the false claims of racist selection / his dying brother / cakegate etc.

For what it's worth, I feel the same about Tevez.

Anyways, this debate has been done a death on here as there is seemingly no middle ground.......

Yep, same here

@i♥city! I thought it was made simple enough for you but apparently I was wrong - Did Yaya disgrace himself & his legacy by accusing Pep of being a racist and throwing a strop with his agent on playing under Guardiola?

I thought I made it clear to you but apparently I was wrong - is Yaya's issue with Pep in anyway related to the club or is it a personal issue between the both of them? Has Yaya ever made snide distatseful comments about the club? Has Yaya ever been unprofessional in his dealings with the club?

You could say he disgraced himself with the racist thing but that's totally personal and he has every right to voice his opinion, however in the time he spent here, he went about his business professionally, no alcohol induced melt down or accidents, no underage sex scandal, no rape scandal, no reports of a training ground bust up, no reports of arriving late to the training ground, no contract hostage situation (something your little camp nou god is known for) no public humiliation of his team mates ( a habit that could be attributed to the little dictator in Barcelona)

Professionally, Yaya has always had nice things to say about Pep, he has even referred to Pep as the best coach in the world, its on a personal level that he seems to have some issues with Pep and personally, I don't give a fuck about his personal views, he has the right to like or dislike anyone, however I do give a fuck about his professionalism and on that front he has been nothing short of exceptional.

I am not saying you should or shouldn't like Yaya, what I am saying is feel free to love or hate him BUT don't discredit the man's accomplishments and legacy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.