Yaya Toure Retires - City Legend and one of the Best ever

You don't think his actions remotely tarnished anything of how he will be / should be remembered?

People can separate the two but I generally don't (hence I still love a lot of our players from the lower divisions with obviously lesser quality etc) - magnificent player for the majority of his time at the club but I can't be having the false claims of racist selection / his dying brother / cakegate etc.

For what it's worth, I feel the same about Tevez.

Anyways, this debate has been done a death on here as there is seemingly no middle ground.......

Tevez left the club for about 6 months, Tevez kept going to the media to say shit about the club, Tevez did all these while he was the Captain of the team. Yaya never did any of these things, Yaya played an important role in the FA cup triumph at Wembley (our first trophy in years, Vinny recently said the FA cup success motivated the team ahead of the 2011/2012 pl title success), he was an integral part of the title winning team of 2011/2012 and 2013/2014, he was there for the team when Mancini needed him and when Pellegrini needed him. I think it would be unfair to compare Tevez, a totally mercenary who abandoned not only his responsibility as a captain but also the team when we were pushing for our first PL title to Yaya toure, a player who was crucial to success of Mancini and Pellegrini.

Tevez left the club for about 6 months, Tevez kept going to the media to say shit about the club, Yaya never did any of these things, Yaya played an important role in the FA cup triumph at Wembley, he was an integral part of the title winning team of 2011/2012 and 2013/2014, he was there for the team when Mancini needed him and when Pellegrini needed him. I think it would be unfair to compare Tevez, a totally mercenary who abandoned the team when we were pushing for our first PL title to Yaya toure, a player who was crucial to success of Mancini and Pellegrini.
Without Tevez, we wouldn't have won our first Premier League title.

Yaya's legacy as one of the greats is set in stone, its fucking timeless so let go of your smear campaign, Ok?

Here's a friendly advice, if you are looking for an ex City player to destroy then here's a few to go at - Adebayor, Nasri, Tevez, Milner but going against Yaya is an effort in futility, it just wouldn't work!

Have a nice day ;)

Disagree and there is nothing you can do about it.

Yaya soiled his status as a Legend for me after Birthday Cake Gate and the Racism accusations plus sticking to his dickhead agent. He was a total passenger in the last 2 seasons with us as well. Also this thread is about Yaya Toure, so why should he talk about Adebayor, Nasri etc in here?

Yaya, for me, will never be on the same level as a Kompany, Aguero, David Silva and Zabaleta.

Disagree and there is nothing you can do about it.

Yaya soiled his status as a Legend for me after Birthday Cake Gate and the Racism accusations plus sticking to his dickhead agent. He was a total passenger in the last 2 seasons with us as well. Also this thread is about Yaya Toure, so why should he talk about Adebayor, Nasri etc in here?

Yaya, for me, will never be on the same level as a Kompany, Aguero, David Silva and Zabaleta.

Yeah that's the beauty of opinions, you can disagree all you want, that's your view, I however believe Yaya is one of the greats and there's nothing anyone can do about that either! Yaya didn't bring up the cake incident, his agent did, blaming Yaya for the words of someone else is just stupid! As for being a passenger, Silva was a passenger for the 2nd half of last season and yet he is one of the greats and there is no disputing that, Silva like Yaya is in his 30's and naturally the performance level reduces as a player gets older, if we are going to discredit football players as a result of reduced performance due to old age then I really don't know what that says about certain fans of this club, fortunately not all see things that way.

Great player who served for 8 seasons, yes things went a bit awry at the end but not once did the man say anything against the club and not once did he create a contract ransom situation, he had / has HIS issue with Pep, that's personal and that's his opinion. I am not going to discredit someone because of their personal view on another individual.

Eight seasons of quality service. Yaya would always remain a legend, one of the immortal four signed by Bobby, together they sparked the revolution and laid the building blocks that made us the team we are today.
He said we stopped him going to be with his dying brother,we gave him the time and he went to the middle east to do pundit work,he ruined the 2014 title win as 2 days after he went on his rant about the above and no cake and how the club disrespected him,refused to appologise for his agents words,he always said his agent talks for him,let back in and as soon as he leaves accuses pep of being a racist,,you seem to have missed a lot,great player but a **** of a person,i didn't care when he left,compare with dave and sergio,model human beings

I thought I made it clear to you but apparently I was wrong - is Yaya's issue with Pep in anyway related to the club or is it a personal issue between the both of them? Has Yaya ever made snide distatseful comments about the club? Has Yaya ever been unprofessional in his dealings with the club?

You could say he disgraced himself with the racist thing but that's totally personal and he has every right to voice his opinion, however in the time he spent here, he went about his business professionally, no alcohol induced melt down or accidents, no underage sex scandal, no rape scandal, no reports of a training ground bust up, no reports of arriving late to the training ground, no contract hostage situation (something your little camp nou god is known for) no public humiliation of his team mates ( a habit that could be attributed to the little dictator in Barcelona)

Professionally, Yaya has always had nice things to say about Pep, he has even referred to Pep as the best coach in the world, its on a personal level that he seems to have some issues with Pep and personally, I don't give a fuck about his personal views, he has the right to like or dislike anyone, however I do give a fuck about his professionalism and on that front he has been nothing short of exceptional.

I am not saying you should or shouldn't like Yaya, what I am saying is feel free to love or hate him BUT don't discredit the man's accomplishments and legacy!
He was done for drink driving,are you blind and deaf?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.