Away tickets

I think you'd have to be very close to 15,000 points to do a dozen away games last season and even then, it'd be a dozen in all comps. But the point is, this season, they'll be able to go to more which is a positive imo and that's what you asked for. More diversity at away games/younger fans etc should be applauded.

And no-one's slagging off the 25K plus fans. Every time someone opines that the loyalty points system is favoured towards fans of a certain age, it's always taken as a personal slight against them. Fair play to you if you go week-in, week-out. But my point is that the system shouldn't allow the same group of fans first refusal for all games because it's an almost impossible elite to enter, especially if you're born in the 21st century.

I'd be interested to know how many away games someone on 12K points could have attended last season. Does anybody know?

The new system can't be to your liking, because people born in the 21st century will never catch up now they won't receiving points for away games.

So a system that had one major flaw, (how do young fans catch up) has been 'fixed' by setting the current pecking order in stone. The solution was to have a rollover system which kept those at the front still at the head of the queue and gave hope to those trying to catch up. The only people benefiting from this new system are those already on high points. The 'chasers' are fucked. FWIW, I'm OK, but it still stinks.

I'd be interested to know how many away games someone on 12K points could have attended last season. Does anybody know?

The new system can't be to your liking, because people born in the 21st century will never catch up now they won't receiving points for away games.

So a system that had one major flaw, (how do young fans catch up) has been 'fixed' by setting the current pecking order in stone. The solution was to have a rollover system which kept those at the front still at the head of the queue and gave hope to those trying to catch up. The only people benefiting from this new system are those already on high points. The 'chasers' are fucked. FWIW, I'm OK, but it still stinks.

The new system isn't to my liking, no. But there are positives to it and the fact that the clubs are trying to reform the existing system and water down platinum is a step in the right direction.

I'd prefer a rolling points system or even better for me, a ballot for all season-ticket holders.

The idea that people who only buy tickets to maintain their standing in the loyalty points queue won't bother anymore. Like @GortonBlue62 said, 'after all you've been to the King Power 10 times now and there's no downside to missing the odd one', meaning people who've only been to the KP once or maybe not at all, get the opportunity to go and it's a big day out for them and not something they do as part of a routine or just to keep ahead in the loyalty points race. It might lead to a better atmosphere as well if it means more younger fans go, fuelled by the adrenaline of going to a rare game.

No way did half of our away games go to general sale last season btw.

Of the 61 games last year, 33 were away (including tips to Wembley).

If you take 10K as an average ticket point level, it would be interesting to see how many of those 10Kers did all that were available to them.

The idea that people who only buy tickets to maintain their standing in the loyalty points queue won't bother anymore. Like @GortonBlue62 said, 'after all you've been to the King Power 10 times now and there's no downside to missing the odd one', meaning people who've only been to the KP once or maybe not at all, get the opportunity to go and it's a big day out for them and not something they do as part of a routine or just to keep ahead in the loyalty points race. It might lead to a better atmosphere as well if it means more younger fans go, fuelled by the adrenaline of going to a rare game.

I reckon 8 PL away games went to general sale last season, happy to be proven wrong:
Cardiff
Spurs
West Ham
Watford
Southampton
Newcastle
Everton
Palace

Add to that Swansea away in the FA Cup, Leicester away in the LC, not sure in the CL but sure Schalke went way down on points?

I reckon 8 PL away games went to general sale last season, happy to be proven wrong:
Cardiff
Spurs
West Ham
Watford
Southampton
Newcastle
Everton
Palace

Add to that Swansea away in the FA Cup, Leicester away in the LC, not sure in the CL but sure Schalke went way down on points?
All 3 group games went to general sale I think .

Cardiff
Spurs
West Ham
Watford
Southampton
Newcastle
Everton
Palace

Schalke sold out on about 17k but all group games went to general sale

Sorry for being be a Vegetable.

This isn't a windup or a clarkie.

Are the club thinking of or doing away with away points?

Thanks.
That was the rumor moths ago but there was no mention of them scrapping away points when renewing your season card but they still sold platinum with the bonus of double points.

Now the community shield has no allocated points so a lot think away points are being scrapped all this after people paying for platinum

I've searched an old thread and found the list compiled by @squirtyflower

Chelsea (CS), Cardiff, Hoffenheim, Spurs, Shakhtar, Lyon, Leicester (Cup), Southampton, Newcastle, Everton, the League Cup Final (!), Swansea, the FA Cup semi final (!) Palace and the FA Cup Final.
Didn’t not sell out or sold out at general sale.

Arsenal, Wolves, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham, Watford, Leicester (league) and Schalke, and Fulham all sold out at 17k or less (a lot less for some).

By my reckoning we played 31 games away from home/neutral. You could have gone to 15 out of the 31 with no points. So I suppose you're right, its not quite half.

Last edited:

6 league games
3 Euro aways
2 cup finals
1 league cup away game
1 fa cup away game
1 cup semi final
1 charity shield

And a partridge in a pear tree

Raise it to 16000 points at the start of the season though and it’s
12 league games
4 Euro away games, possibly 5
2 cup finals
1 league cup game
1 fa cup game
1 fa cup semi final
1 charity shield

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.