Wimbledon 2019

Yes without doubt...but not one of the best in the world. Hope I am wrong but like Henman I dont see her winning a slam.

Neither do I, but that doesn’t make them bottlers - extremely tough to win a slam and some great players even with the toughest mental strength have never won one.

Love all the ‘bottler’ comments by plebs that couldn’t even of dreamed to get to the level she has from pure dedication and hard work, physically and mentally to be one the best tennis players in Britain and the top 20 in the world. Dam right she can be proud of herself and not take condescending question from journalists who’s goal is too get her criticised by the masses.
"Plebs"? Care to explain?

Last edited:
"Plebs"? Care to explain?

Sure,Anyone calling a professional tennis player who has reached the heights as Konta has in her career and labels her as a ‘bottler’ is a pleb in my opinion - not aimed at any good folk on here as that ‘bottler’ tag gets labelled at her from a lot of people and the media will play their part in the witch-hunt, just like they did to Murray.

Sure,Anyone calling a professional tennis player who has reached the heights as Konta has in her career and labels her as a ‘bottler’ is a pleb in my opinion - not aimed at any good folk on here as that ‘bottler’ tag gets labelled at her from a lot of people and the media will play their part in the witch-hunt, just like they did to Murray.
Do you realise what most people would take "pleb" to mean? Generally used as a term of insult directed at someone who is seen as coming from a lower social class. You presumably, therefore, see anyone who dares to criticise Konta as being from a lower social class/standing than yourself. Okay.

Do you realise what most people would take "pleb" to mean? Generally used as a term of insult directed at someone who is seen as coming from a lower social class. You presumably, therefore, see anyone who dares to criticise Konta as being from a lower social class/standing than yourself. Okay.

He has a point though, many better tennis players than Konta have failed to win a 'slam', but that doesn't make them all 'bottlers'. I don't think he really needs to explain a throwaway comment like 'pleb'. To me it just means something similar to 'idiot', which is probably fair.

He has a point though, many better tennis players than Konta have failed to win a 'slam', but that doesn't make them all 'bottlers'. I don't think he really needs to explain a throwaway comment like 'pleb'. To me it just means something similar to 'idiot', which is probably fair.
He does indeed have a point. But calling someone a pleb for criticising another person? Really? We've all done it, myself included. Doesn't make us pleb-ish. In my opinion, anyway. He obviously thinks differently. So be it.

Yeah sure shes typical silver spoon -via Hungary and Australia?

its still a class divide sport (tennis) like it or not you dont really see kids from the council estate's going to tennis clubs ?????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.