Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

That is true.

I think cricket is going to become more popular in the years to come, mainly due to the evolution of the modern batsmen. It’s not good for test cricket mind, but limited over cricket is becoming more popular. Pretty sure I read it’s the most viewed sport in the world, although that is probably due to the a good percentage of Indians tuning in.

There used to be all sorts of random teams in World Cups in years gone by though.

Bermuda, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Scotland, Canada, Netherlands, Kenya, UAE etc. The problem is that most of them were rubbish and the games were one sided (Ireland still hold the record for most runs chased in a World Cup though... against England of course). In this World Cup you had a lot of quality teams. Hardly any games were easy ones apart from maybe Afghanistan and Sri Lanka proved that by beating England.

I thought it was a good tournament with nobody standing as clear favourites for long. It went between England, India, maybe Australia briefly and of course New Zealand as well.

Too many wides by Archer. If the last ball had been left, that was a wide too.
Congrats England , but doesn't feel like a real win, more a dipper penalty win!

It's dead simple. Two batsmen go out and when they're out, they're in until one gets out, then he/she goes back in and another batsmen goes out. When all ten have been out and come back in they're all out and the other team then does the same.

You've got a tea towel with that written on haven't you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.