Away tickets

Most 20-25 with no points are the new fan or not from a city family, why should those whose parents have forked out thousands to help them be shafted for those whose parents were united or Liverpool fans?

With absolute no points then possibly. But there'll be lots and lots of City fans, who've rarely had parents buy them tickets (let alone season tickets) , who will be on very low points (0-2K). I rarely went to City games before I was 16 but thankfully, when I started going to the games with my mates, I was still able to go home and away. Hopefully, this change allows 16-25 year olds who are in the same position as I was to do the same.

So my teenage daughter can potentially get a ticket tomorrow but I have to wait until next week. So the chances of getting two tickets together are minimal and what happens if I can’t get one as she won’t travel alone. Also means we can’t organise travel until we both know we have tickets. Which cockwomble has decided this is a good idea and whose allocation has this 5% come from? I can see plenty of games which won’t sell out as people will find it harder to arrange stuff

Can she not hold off and buy a ticket when you get yours?

With absolute no points then possibly. But there'll be lots and lots of City fans, who've rarely had parents buy them tickets (let alone season tickets) , who will be on very low points (0-2K). I rarely went to City games before I was 16 but thankfully, when I started going to the games with my mates, I was still able to go home and away. Hopefully, this change allows 16-25 year olds who are in the same position as I was to do the same.

So someone who rarely goes has the same chance as a regular just because of their age - what about next year will it be 18-26 the 18-27 etc, it is just farcical that the one with the best bot /macro gets the tickets.

Fans without points will get tickets and sell them on, as they can't afford to go to away games by all accounts.

New system has more positives than negatives imo
18-25s finally get a look in (for games other than Southampton and Cardiff on a Tuesday night)
No points for aways will hopefully get rid of ‘points whores’ for good and open up more games for people who stuck on around 16,000.
Points for home games will help with the problem we have with seasoncard holders only turning up for half the games.
And those already at the front of the queue will keep their place.
Only problem is I’m not 18 till feb ;)

I have no problem with the ballot but surely the tickets used in it must come from an equal split of supporters' clubs, corporates, and season ticket holders, not from one section. The ticket collection could be a pain in the arse. It depends on how many they check and how often. If it is really used just as a deterrent to the few who sell their tickets on for profit then it may work. I have never been convinced that we have a huge army of so-called "points whores." I see the same faces at most away games who have been going for decades plus a smattering of corporate tourists at London games (presumably they are the Viagogo brigade) Let's see what happens this season.

so no more points for away games now?. i think that actually could be a good thing long term, as it could mean less people points whoring and passing on tickets to just build up points. i think it will benefit fans who can't get tickets to away games anymore because of a lack of points

The mooted solution of only giving points for matches that didn't sell out was ideal imho. No need for points for going to United away etc.
Why home attendance is now the bigger factor when assessing away eligibility boggles the mind.

There is now no reward or incentive WHATSOEVER to go to the bleak away matches (apart from watching City, of course). As I say - the solution to the wrong problem.

The mooted solution of only giving points for matches that didn't sell out was ideal imho. No need for points for going to United away etc.
Why home attendance is now the bigger factor when assessing away eligibility boggles the mind.

There is now no reward or incentive WHATSOEVER to go to the bleak away matches (apart from watching City, of course). As I say - the solution to the wrong problem.

I might be wrong but I think virtually all aways sold out last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.