Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

Didn't see the game, but my neighbour said he just looked average.

Well the last couple of pages are full of comments about how well he played, so I’m going to suggest your neighbour is wrong on this one.

Tommy Doyle: “Being so young you’re learning all the time and playing next to them and De Bruyne in the second half it’s crazy when you look over to your right and see some of the calibre you’re playing with."

“If you think you can’t do it that’s when you’re gonna struggle so you just have to settle in. You’re playing with some of the best players in the world so you have to be confident and playing with them they make it easy for you anyway, so it’s all good."

“Hopefully, we’re fit and ready. The conditions aren’t easy so changes are needed and you just give 110% every time you’re out there and run until you can’t. Then the staff know what’s best for you if you can carry on...”

There is a profile bit on him on city tv,i think we have great plans for him

Didn't see the game, but my neighbour said he just looked average.

Your neighbour a red by any chance? Worst you could say about him is that he gave the ball away carelessly a couple of times. Other than that he was very good, particularly the 2 or 3 times in the 1st half when he turned the full back inside out to give himself a yard to get a cross in. Puts in a decent whipped corner as well. Grafts hard, decent technique, prepared to drive downfield, great attitude. The lad can go all the way.

Can we bring him on this season every time we have a corner... The fact he stayed on as long as he did suggests Pep likes the look of him.

Your neighbour a red by any chance? Worst you could say about him is that he gave the ball away carelessly a couple of times. Other than that he was very good, particularly the 2 or 3 times in the 1st half when he turned the full back inside out to give himself a yard to get a cross in. Puts in a decent whipped corner as well. Grafts hard, decent technique, prepared to drive downfield, great attitude. The lad can go all the way.

The other thing to bear in mind is that very few of the senior players are anywhere near their best, so why should the kids be? He would have suffered the same jet lag, effects of double training sessions and playing in sauna like conditions.

I think he looked perfectly capable of being a first team squad player, the only point against being that he can't lose possession/challenges in certain areas like he did. Getting used to how much time he has, when to try something & when to play it simple. And if he does 'try something' which tricks will work v senior players.

Then it's a question of fitness etc.

Rodri had exactly the same problems & was less comfortable without the ball than Doyle imo. Nobody will be suggesting he can't get it right, so no reason TD can't.

I think he looked perfectly capable of being a first team squad player, the only point against being that he can't lose possession/challenges in certain areas like he did. Getting used to how much time he has, when to try something & when to play it simple. And if he does 'try something' which tricks will work v senior players.

Then it's a question of fitness etc.

Rodri had exactly the same problems & was less comfortable without the ball than Doyle imo. Nobody will be suggesting he can't get it right, so no reason TD can't.

He looked like Foden 18 months ago, should have the same role Phil did in 16/17 IMO.

Last edited:
Nope, life long Blue.

More than happy with your report above. It'd be great to see him and Foden in the starting 11 in a couple of years.

Nope, life long Blue.

More than happy with your report above. It'd be great to see him and Foden in the starting 11 in a couple of years.
Probably "average" is a compliment for any player good enough to be selected for the City first team.
Many regular PL players in other teams would be nowhere near average class when playing the Pep style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.