A Boss Who's a Bully

I once worked with a lad who stripped down to his boxer shorts on the dance floor at the Christmas party. He was banned from attending all future staff social occasions because of his behaviour.

Anyone had this problem and got any advice?

My current boss is your old school, authoritarian type who is always right and discourages any different perspectives.

She's also completely unapproachable and has no time for any questions, treating people with contempt if they're unsure of something. She regularly speaks to people like shit and creates an awkward atmosphere for everyone in an open plan office.

Her favourite thing is pulling individual people into a meeting room to tell them off like they're a child.

The worst part is she ruins what should be a great job and place to work. Not sure I can't hack it for much longer and she's got away with it for years, way before I started.
1. Is she the CO/MD?
2. If not is her boss at the workplace or elsewhere?
3. Are you in a Union?
4. What’s the HR department/person like?

Anyone had this problem and got any advice?

My current boss is your old school, authoritarian type who is always right and discourages any different perspectives.

She's also completely unapproachable and has no time for any questions, treating people with contempt if they're unsure of something. She regularly speaks to people like shit and creates an awkward atmosphere for everyone in an open plan office.

Her favourite thing is pulling individual people into a meeting room to tell them off like they're a child.

The worst part is she ruins what should be a great job and place to work. Not sure I can't hack it for much longer and she's got away with it for years, way before I started.
Do you work in city’s ticket office ?

Reactions: TFC
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. She complained I was never in the office at 4:30pm, when I might have been needed. I countered by saying I never saw her between 7am (my usual start time) and 9am (her usual start time).

She accused me of sabotaging a project, when in fact her consultant had cocked it up, and blamed me. I later had to retrieve the situation.

During a reorganisation, I was one of four chasing three jobs. Despite lots more experience, performing well in interview, presentation and external testing, I missed out.

When I spoke to HR for feedback, they told me I scored 100% in the test. Someone had sent me a list with my name on it with 'Headcount Reduction' entered beside it. The other three people did not have this. I showed this to HR and complained the process was rigged against me. They were livid. I threatened legal action. They ended up giving me a cushy job for two years, and in a month I will leave with a redundancy payout. It really couldn't have worked out any better.

My advice would be to gather up as much evidence as possible against her, that she is treating you unfairly, then talk to your HR department.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.