Man Utd could have blown us out of the water.

I think it's a little more than that.
Yes, not many elite clubs need a keeper - PSG maybe, so maybe they are up against FFP or something.
For Utd, it's more about securing him for several years, instead of him leaving for nothing next year, at which point they'd probably need 30M+ for a top keeper.

30m is nothing when they've just offered him a 100m plus contract.

That was the tactic of Utd & the other Champs Lg clubs as soon as that competition started.

Outspend everybody, thus guarantee the CL money, then spend even more. After just a few seasons, the gap was already huge & of course 'top' players also wanted a CL club, so only the big money clubs can get the big players, so they win, & get more money & spend even more.

Chelsea & City have fucking ruined it & they hate us for it.
and Leeds United served as a lesson for those impudent enough to try and compete.

If its really 400k over 6 years thats 120m+ for a keeper with zero distribution in massive decline :-)
Yet speak to any rag and they'll tell you he's comfortably the best in the world. Do these fuckers even watch football? He's one of the most staggeringly overrated players of his generation.

I remember hearing a Spanish journalist on TalkShite last year saying people in Spain are genuinely bemused when they hear the UK media talk about De Gea as being the best in the world. They don't even rate him as the best in Manchester! Seriously, speak to any Spanish person and they'll genuinely not understand what all the fuss is about.

I'd rather take the money and have the reserve goalkeeper play than have someone ransoming the club for £400k a week.
I've said this repeatedly to a few of the rags I know, and one has enough sense to agree with me. There wouldn't be any drop-off in their performances whatsoever if Romero replaced De Gea.

I don't get why they're prostrating themselves in front of him. No other top clubs are interested and it's not like he's a highly marketable superstar.

I can only assume they're petrified of the shift in perceptions if they lose what they believe is one of only two world-class players they have. A truly bizarre set of circumstances.

Isn't Sanchez on close to 400k too!? Same with Pogba

It makes me glad Spurs haven't opened that can of worms. Kane, Lloris, Son and Eriksen combined wage is less than one of those players.

Like Madrid have discovered if you do silly wages good luck pushing them out the door or people matching it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.