Man Utd could have blown us out of the water.

TBH I don't see any elite teams interested in DDG. Once again the Rags over pay in a one horse race.

I think it's a little more than that.
Yes, not many elite clubs need a keeper - PSG maybe, so maybe they are up against FFP or something.
For Utd, it's more about securing him for several years, instead of him leaving for nothing next year, at which point they'd probably need 30M+ for a top keeper.

Paying DDG 400K a week is good business sense. For them to get a player of his calibre as replacement would cost them just as much in transfer fees. If it was the Warrington rat that they were offering daft money too then you could agree that they were distorting the market.

1. Really?
2. What calibre is that, Championship level? Because after the season he has just had, that is about his standard.
3. Isn't the Warrington weasel already on stupid money for a "player' of his limited ability?

Last edited:
Having to pay many times more than the market value in wages to convince players to sign and those already there to stay is a clear sign of desperation and lack of foresight Their players make money ours make history

If its really 400k over 6 years thats 120m+ for a keeper with zero distribution in massive decline :-)

There's something drastically wrong at utd. They're off the opinion that they are as big as bayern, RM, Barca et all. What they don't realise is that it ALL relied on SAF.

Whilst those other clubs are big no matter who manages them utd were "big" only during the reign of SAF and the globalisation of the Premier league.

I honestly think they are heading for the biggest collapse of a football club ever.
In this regard any rag fan will harp on about 20 times and most successful English club etc etc, however the vast majority 90% of the league titles came in 2 periods, Busby & pisscan eras account for 18 of their 20 titles. The only other rag manager to have won the league is Magnell. They've had 50 years in their history with 2 good managers that won a hell of a lot for them. However the remaining 70 years have been distinctly average to shite on the trophy front for such a massive club.
When Busby left they went from average appointment to shit appointment to average never really challenging for the league and picking up a few cups for 30 odd years, They are well on course to repeat that era post pisscan with the added bonus of the Glazers milking them for every dollar at the same time.

City's structure by contrast seems set up to ensure succession of appointments transition and competitiveness regardless of the manager. When pep goes its hard not to see a drop off hes that unique, however I don't think it will be decades before city challenge again unlike the vermin.

5/6 year deal at 400k is not good business. Especially on the back of the season he had with the Rags and Spain.

I'm thinking that we have seen the best of De Gea. He might still pull out the odd save and send the hordes subscribing to the RDAHMeedya into ecstasies, but he drops as many clangers and howlers as other goalies to whom the gutter press are quicker than an Olympic sprinter to point out same dropped bollock. Others will be pilloried, have their mistake looped endlessly on Sky and BT, whilst De Gea is deemed to be 'unlucky' for whatever reason the hacks can conjure up.

I'm thinking that we have seen the best of De Gea. He might still pull out the odd save and send the hordes subscribing to the RDAHMeedya into ecstasies, but he drops as many clangers and howlers as other goalies to whom the gutter press are quicker than an Olympic sprinter to point out same dropped bollock. Others will be pilloried, have their mistake looped endlessly on Sky and BT, whilst De Gea is deemed to be 'unlucky' for whatever reason the hacks can conjure up.
He was overblown by the media from day one. His distribution has always been poor and is a major reason for United's failure in recent years. He is not strong on crosses and does not command the defence (admittedly he has some duffers in front of him). He is excellent at stopping shots but not so strong on one-on-ones. At best he is average.
Joe Hart was one of the best I have ever seen at one-on-ones (remember Messi couldn't get past him) but that wasn't enough to make him a great keeper.

I'd rather take the money and have the reserve goalkeeper play than have someone ransoming the club for £400k a week.

We're competing for leagues and cups because City dominated the domestic transfer market for the last decaade. I was suggesting that Utd's wage differential to City is extraoridnary. Their top players are on £400k pw basic. No one comes close. had they been successful on the pitch, which they easily could have been with investment like that, we'd have been struggling to make the impact we have.

Say the press,,, please Marvin this is beneath you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.