Yokohama F. Marinos v City Post Match Thread

For me, Rodri had one of those games where you barely noticed him and I mean that in a good way: he kept it simple and did what he needed to.
There's an old adage about Busquets and not being noticed. If Rodri's the new Busquets then the less we notice him the better.

If that’s the standard of th J League it is very good. Would watch more games if it was available.

thank god it's all over. I dont think any of the team have enjoyed the whole thing, just not as many smiles from the boys during the tour.

But: Nice to see KDB back to his best. Bravo has proved his worth again. We found out more about Angelino under pressure (Before the season starts). Rodri seems to fit right in from the start. All good stuff

Sterling looks sharp as does Kev who also looks very hungry.

I was one of Bravo's biggest critics but he made a few decent stops today and ws unlucky with the goal as well so that's encouraging. (besides on misjudgment at a corner)

Rodri's passing is fantastic - for the goal in the second half that ws disallowed for walker being offside the pass of his that started all off looked effortless. The concern I have with him however is that he was easily bypassed quite a few times; he got caught in no mans land a few times (something hopefully Pep will correct). He also "jogs back when recovering...something that he is going to have to change....defensively in a number of aspects he wasn't great (but there were some positives as well)....

Sane - vey very frustrating (pretty normal for him)...is it attitude or confidence? Its certainly not ability

Now comes the big step up ready for the Community shield and first league game

Statistics: Yokohama F. Marinos 1-3 Manchester City Attempts: 11 | 13 Shots On Target: 5 | 8 Possession: 58% | 42% Passes: 532 | 455 Pass Accuracy: 88% | 86% Corners: 5 | 5 Fouls: 11 | 8

For me, Rodri had one of those games where you barely noticed him and I mean that in a good way: he kept it simple and did what he needed to.
I think he will be a pivotal signing for us. He's different to Fernandihno but just as effective. He will be central to everyting we do and will enable Stones and Laporte to get foward even more. Our weak link remains the left side. We are great going forward on the left but dodgy at the back. It seems to have been like that for decades. The last top-class leftback we had who could attack and defend was Hinchcliffe and before that Glyn Pardoe! We will be ok if Zinchenko continues to develop and avoids injury.

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.