Yokohama F. Marinos v City Post Match Thread

A very good workout against very decent opposition. The scoreline would have been very different if they had a decent striker or two, their finishing & composure in the box left a lot to be desired. The CS will obviously be different, & we can't afford to be serving up those kind of chances against the Dippers.

Sterling was a livewire, but is still an instinctive style player. Give him time to think, & he still makes the wrong pass, or loses the ball more often than not. He's only 24 so has time to develop this side of his game.

Rodri was quietly effective. It's weird how he doesn't tackle exactly. He just seems to crowbar the ball away from the opposition with very little fuss.

KDB was all action, & was substituted just when the pace & heat were getting the better of him.

Angelino had a better game, aside from losing the ball a couple of times which put us in imminent danger. Hopefully, he'll develop as the season progresses.

Based on what I've seen this pre-season, we need to secure Sane, get Cancelo & buy a CB & we'll be set.

Thanks. Didnt realize they posted that. Why are more people not gushing over that? 4th game. New teammates. Playing with kids part of the game. Against a high pressing side. Amazing.

He's a very unfussy player and his performance wasn't eye-catching.

I have very high hopes for him. Keen to see him live in the flesh next week: that's going to test his defensive capabilities.

Pep Guardiola on #YFMMCI: "I don't have doubts. This team will be ready. I know them better so now I don't have doubts about what they can do. We made mistakes (today), but that’s good, we are going to solve them."

"Kevin (De Bruyne) made another great game. It’s important because he has a special quality; the vision to make a last pass. Rodri was incredible the way he played. We have an incredible holding midfielder for the years he is here."

Pep Guardiola on @PhilFoden: "He has trained two sessions, no more. One month off and two sessions. I know his level, his quality, his vision, his commitment defensively. In two games, I didn't expect him to get minutes but he took them, which is good..."

@sterling7: "It was good to get some more minutes under my belt today. With the heat it was definitely difficult but that's what preseason is for. I feel good! It was really humid and they (Yokohama) played some really good football.”

“They’re (Yokohama) probably one of the best teams I’ve seen play out from the back and they played some great football so it was a great test. We’ve still got another week and I’m sure by then I’ll be fully fit and ready to go."

By the by I love a chant they did:

Think we should steal it and reskin it to make it more relevent.
Only kicker is we'd have to be willing to collaberate between stands/fans. With the attitude of some of our *Cough* less willing fans, could we manage it?

Pogo in the stands let’s go the while hog and come out to the pistols.

Sterling looks sharp as does Kev who also looks very hungry.

I was one of Bravo's biggest critics but he made a few decent stops today and ws unlucky with the goal as well so that's encouraging. (besides on misjudgment at a corner)

Rodri's passing is fantastic - for the goal in the second half that ws disallowed for walker being offside the pass of his that started all off looked effortless. The concern I have with him however is that he was easily bypassed quite a few times; he got caught in no mans land a few times (something hopefully Pep will correct). He also "jogs back when recovering...something that he is going to have to change....defensively in a number of aspects he wasn't great (but there were some positives as well)....

Sane - vey very frustrating (pretty normal for him)...is it attitude or confidence? Its certainly not ability

Now comes the big step up ready for the Community shield and first league game
Hopefully the “jogging back” might simply be a case of pacing himself in a pre season game played in heat and humidity. He probably had an intensive conditioning session, or two, yesterday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.