Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than what they have but not good enough to be a starter for us.

They were desperate so overpaid by around £35m.

Just about sums up the position of the clubs at the moment.

He is a good player and Pep was interested so that confirms it as he wouldn’t have been otherwise. Good signing for them unfortunately. Lot of money but fans don’t care about that.
Were we in for Maguire though? Really? Personally I dont think so. Pep seems happy enough from day 1 Vinny left that he's happy with what he has.
Leicester used City to bump up the price, And the rags YET AGAIN took the bait.

He may be a good player but how many times have we said ‘he’s a good signing who will improve them’ and they keep going backwards?.

There’s a lot more wrong at that club than just the players. Maguire won’t solve anything.

One player won’t, two/ three players won’t but eventually, if you get the right manager and enough good players then it can come together. They are making some reasonable signings but I would say they are where we were in 2009 ish. Might win a cup but at least 3 years off challenging and even then they will need to change the Manager again. The midfield and attack is still mediocre at best. I think they will be aiming for a lot of 1-0 dodgy pen wins this season.

I’m not sure why they are so interested in English players though. Obsessed.

Slightly annoyed by this, hes a good player and a likeable one as well, which is a shame, as his appeal instantly diminishes if he's playing for United.

To think each player in our treble winning squad didn't come within £20m of that.

Gutted really
Understand our stance but will be one we regret in a few years.
Very dissapointing news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.