Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo wasn't ready in 17/18 season, he was learning the system after coming from another country. After that he became the best player last season.

Bernardo and Sterling are better for Pep's system for two reasons. First, we play most of the time against deep sitting teams and Sane can't operate in tight spaces as well as Raz and Bernardo. Second, Raz and Bernardo can keep possession better than Sane which is highly important for Pep for it makes us less vulnearble to counter attacks. We conceded only 4 goals in the last 14 games with Sane being mostly on the bench. Coincidence? Probably not. There are stats showing that Raz and Bernardo keep the ball much better than Sane and thus give us additional stability in our defensive organisation. When people think of Sane, they think mostly of his amaizing runs and not of his cheap mistakes at controlling the ball and half-arsed attempts to win it back which make Pep mad.

This is all correct, but simply the difference between the 100 point season and last season was the absence of KDB. Without him we were basically playing without the quick transition. For example when the opposition had a set piece in our half and we cleared it, KDB would be in a position to get on the ball and make one of his defence splitting passes to set Leroy, Raheem or Gabby free on a quick counter. Without him we had to control the ball more, but David and Gundogan couldn't play those passes. Consequently opposition had time to get back into a defensive shape and thus Bernardo and Raheem were more important on retaining the ball and breaking down the opposition.

Think we’ll miss him most in CL. Obviously not necessary, but to be able to break against teams that actually play and with kev back, it’s so helpful. Just not as dangerous on counter without him.

Be sad to see him go as he is a talent, but you cannot blame him if his desire is to return back to Germany. We have enough quality in the side to not miss him, Mahrez will hopefully be more settled and kick on this year as well

Ok I do love Leroy, but I like what the team is building a young group that is hungry and does not walk around looking like a troll. Get in excess of 100 mil reinvest in other parts of the team. Now who would replace him? Nobody give the chance to the academy, tell them its wide open whoever want it should puff their chest out and take it. That will breed confidence and see which youth as the “stones” to take it. Leave one space on the bench for them to go for.

I watched those kids and I really think we are about to see something special. Foden yes but I do like that kid bernabe. The thing is confidence,

My prediction - you heard it here first.
Stays & signs new contract in November

I’d like to see him stay and grow as a person as well as a player, but there’s no smoke without fire as they say.
Would be strange to let him go after our window shuts though.

CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.