Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he has the potential to be one of the best, so hope he stays. Bayern's behavior has been terrible (as usual) and I hope we remember that. If he does go it needs to be for a gigantic fee, and not after the UK window has closed (even if we don't spend the money) because we can't be made to look like mugs by those pricks.

If Sane goes i hope we get Alphoso Davis and a £100 million, but i just can not see it happening, what club talks up a player all transfer window but only sits down for talks with the club 3 days before the window closes? Big German clubs do it to smaller German clubs knowing they can take what they want, and they do it to upset players within the team, but with Sane having 2 years left and City being immune to bayern that can not be the case

Why should he? You rarely get anybody doing that. Players don’t tend to spend time on forums, reading paper gossip etc so these rumours will be nothing more than a passing comment in their ears at most for the majority of them. He will just be ignoring it all and getting on with things whether it’s true or not
bollocks ... he knows everythuing thats going on and he's the generation that spends a lot of time on social media ... he knows exactly what he's doing .

Telling his team mates is not the same as telling pep or requesting that the club sell him,i still have hope
Clutching at straws there Kaz. For me, it is worse if he has told his team mates and not Pep (which I dont for one second he would tell one without the other), as Pep would be absolutely fuming with him.

Yeah losing Sane is a massive kick in the nuts. How many times last season did we cry out for Sane to be put on as he offers something different... I absolutely guarantee there'll be a time this season where people will say "we needed someone like Sane today" if he does leave.

Bad bad bad. Still optimistic fuzzy stays though.
That kind of remark has been said so many times over the years (insert name of player no longer with us (or any other team)), and it will be said over and over again in the future. Life goes on and we will survive with or without him

Bernardo wasn't ready in 17/18 season, he was learning the system after coming from another country. After that he became the best player last season.

Bernardo and Sterling are better for Pep's system for two reasons. First, we play most of the time against deep sitting teams and Sane can't operate in tight spaces as well as Raz and Bernardo. Second, Raz and Bernardo can keep possession better than Sane which is highly important for Pep for it makes us less vulnearble to counter attacks. We conceded only 4 goals in the last 14 games with Sane being mostly on the bench. Coincidence? Probably not. There are stats showing that Raz and Bernardo keep the ball much better than Sane and thus give us additional stability in our defensive organisation. When people think of Sane, they think mostly of his amaizing runs and not of his cheap mistakes at controlling the ball and half-arsed attempts to win it back which make Pep mad.
Spot on, some only see what they want to I'm afraid

I do find myself suspecting that City are going to dig their heels in over this one. We are two days away from the British transfer deadline (but not the German one). I only check the BBC transfer gossip section and Sky Sports Transfer Centre every day, and I well know there are many other sources. But this stuff goes round through the rumour mill. There is nothing solid about this on either of them. Even if it is Leroy's will to go to Bayern, there's really nothing — not public at least — to indicate that terms have been agreed, or that Bayern are prepared to meet our valuation. Indeed, have they even made a firm offer? If so, it's all been done pretty secretly. That's been seen before, and last minute signings are made every season. But I just do wonder whether this is going to happen.
Furthermore, would it be so very bad if he stayed for another year? People have been saying all summer on this thread, “Leroy wants to go” or “Leroy doesn't want to go”. What do any of us in fact know?
And in any case, a lot of the time, choices are not as binary as that, where jobs are concerned (or indeed where other major life decisions are concerned — like marriage, but we won't get into that). I suggest that it's sometimes an on/off switch, most times not. How many people on here are in jobs where they have a bad day, a run-in with a stupid and incompetent manager, a decision made in a meeting that adversely affects their working conditions, and they think “Fuck it, I'm off”. And then they have a better day, week, and they think “Oh actually, it's not so bad, I can live with it”.
Now Pep is a hard taskmaster. That much is sure. He's not Mr Nice Guy, and he's not paid to be. But he has made it clear, publicly, that there is a place for Leroy, that he rates him. He has been playing him, at least in pre-season. What's to say that Leroy couldn't turn it right round in the coming year, and become an indispensable member of the first team?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.