Away tickets

My dad decided he can’t stand up all game all season at home so he’s moved to the 2nd tier. Now I stand with my mate, both on one seat as his is down on the front row.. there’s no push for space and we don’t get in anyone’s way.
Away support is supposed to be noisy, full of atmosphere and intimidating at times, not comfortable.
There’s a lot of the old brigade who believe that it’s no longer their job to make noise because they’ve done it all back in the day.

I'm so pleased for your dad, BUT we are not talking about at home but at away matches!!! I take it that, as you say you are standing that you are in the extremely quiet South Stand?

Yes away support is supposed to be noisy, have atmosphere and be intimidating but NOT intimidating your own supporters!! You would find ,if you ever were next to me at a match, that I am noisy, ask the people around me, I can help to create atmosphere but I do not do it by intimidating anyone, I do it by singing, shouting and cheering. I buy a ticket for the front row so that I am not inconveniencing anyone else by sitting during the match. At home I sit on the front row and I still sing and shout, even though sometimes it feels as if I am the only one. Mind you last season I did manage to get a few more round me singing so I take that as a bonus.

However, as I say when I am at an away match I like to be able to see the game not be pushed around by young people who think it is their god given right to do just what they want without thought for anyone else who, as I said earlier, has also paid for their ticket! (Again I also say that it is not all youngsters!)

I'm so pleased for your dad, BUT we are not talking about at home but at away matches!!! I take it that, as you say you are standing that you are in the extremely quiet South Stand?

Yes away support is supposed to be noisy, have atmosphere and be intimidating but NOT intimidating your own supporters!! You would find ,if you ever were next to me at a match, that I am noisy, ask the people around me, I can help to create atmosphere but I do not do it by intimidating anyone, I do it by singing, shouting and cheering. I buy a ticket for the front row so that I am not inconveniencing anyone else by sitting during the match. At home I sit on the front row and I still sing and shout, even though sometimes it feels as if I am the only one. Mind you last season I did manage to get a few more round me singing so I take that as a bonus.

However, as I say when I am at an away match I like to be able to see the game not be pushed around by young people who think it is their god given right to do just what they want without thought for anyone else who, as I said earlier, has also paid for their ticket! (Again I also say that it is not all youngsters!)
Have you got a big school bell? ;)

Empty seats are hard to identify, a good proportion if not the majority don’t stand in their allocated seat, they understandably want to be next to their mates and that often leads to an empty row somewhere and a packed row elsewhere. I believe we should just move towards giving no specific seat as they sometimes do on the continent. Have the first few rows or a section somewhere allocated specifically to those with needs then using West Hams ground as an example have the ticket simply say lower tier or upper and leave people free to stand where they want within that section or if that’s too big of a free for all restrict it to block by block.

The insinuation that it’s all young kids is false too. My seat was occupied by a bunch of older middle aged guys who were already at least two per seat deep before I got there, certainly couldn’t be described as youth. I had no issue with it, i simply stood with mates a few rows down where there was a gap

I think there are friends of our Abu Dhabi sponsors who gather for the London games. I was told about this by a guy who studied with some of the Abu Dhabi elite. I doubt they are subject to the one week rule mate.
Quite possibly true. But they aren’t Corporate they are a different level of leech altogether

The atmosphere was strange all round I thought - both in the home and away ends .
Yep.atmosphere in the home end was pretty poor. Very strange all round as you say ..with so many folk looking at their phone's ,half intrested. ..or at the var screen....modern footy for you; and it's here to stay.

I don’t doubt that you encounter some dickheads as we all do,
I just feel as if there is a weird entitlement from some on here (not you at all) that younger supporters are all coked up, bouncing on the concourse, throwing beer about, disregarding other blues and somehow not worthy of following the team away because they were born into a successful period.
This attitude and rift that has been created off of the back of people blaming fellow blues for a lack of tickets when it’s clearly a corporate problem has contributed to the significant deterioration of our away atmosphere.

I take it that, as you say you are standing that you are in the extremely quiet South Stand?
The south stand isn’t amazing all the time but it’s consistently louder than the other 3 stands and a couple of games where the whole ground was rocking last year doesn’t mask the fact that for Bournemouth at home the south stand and/or the kippax are the only areas making any sort of effort.

The security is a separate issue, I didn't check the time it took but it certainly wasn't 15 minutes but like I said that is separate and nothing to do with ticket collection.

This 10% figure you mention, where did you get that from? Do you know that is the amount they are going to check?

They haven't given any details as they are still probably making it up. It was a lone side estimate as a 10% chance of being checked will not put most off, and it is designed to put people off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.