If you change your stance, you can always store your bike at my apartment in town, this season will be to good to miss... call it a pint a game (:

You don't store little jack Russell's do you by any chance. We need somewhere for him as circumstances have changed. He doesn't chew, or wet. Better if there are not cats around though. Willing to buy you 2 pints a game.
Ps, doesn't lose much hair, but likes white leather couches.

That's a great point & where there's bikes there are lockers.
I guess only if you are using the facilities there.

What City could ask for is one of those cycle hubs that are found along the route of the Metrolink. I've thought about travelling by bike to the game but the choice of leaving the bike chained up to a metal frame with no security isn't appealing.

Try not to judge others by your own standards.

I'll elaborate for you so that you can maybe better appreciate my situation before you try to stick your label on me.
I have a medical condition that lots of blokes get in their 50's. It's a prostate issue that causes you to need a piss as regular as clockwork - it also makes you piss slowly (you should read up on this stuff because it'll happen to you or to friends of yours soon enough). If I drank a gallon before going in the ground then I'd spend the first half stood at a urinal and not see the game.
As it is I was always desperate for a piss by halftime but also thirsty because, with this condition, you need to keep your fluids in check so that you can last until halftime.
In the halftime interval you only have time to have a piss (especially at the speed I do it), or queue to buy a drink, before the second half kicks off and there's no way that I'd attend a game and not watch it in it's entirety.
I used to go take a leak at halftime then, when the second half had started and the straglers had returned to their seats, I'd pour myself a coffee and get my fluids back up. It seemed perfectly reasonable to me. I did it because of medical need.
I've only been straight in what I've written and I can't quite understand why you feel fit to poke fun. I hope you'll maybe reconsider on reflection.
I don't see why the club don't have vending machines for healthy soft drinks and snacks dotted around the stadium. Bit ridiculous really as it could ease the pressures on the queues.

Whats a 'true' fan can you only be one if you don't have much money. I was priced out due to my own personal circumstances in the 90s. Now I'm doing OK and have come back. I didn't expect the club to help me in the 90s, was I a true fan then when I couldn't afford it, now I can again I'm not ?

Fair comment, I should rephrase and say "many" true fans.

I don't see why the club don't have vending machines for healthy soft drinks and snacks dotted around the stadium. Bit ridiculous really as it could ease the pressures on the queues.

Great idea.

A giant Mars Bar for £2.50 vending machine on the Family Stand concourse.

To be fair mate, I always thought the same about people wanting a pint & a pie. Why not have a drink & something to eat before the match, & then wait til you get home to eat & drink again? Works for me & saves a packet too.

Exactly, as silly as it sounds the time of games is usually outside of traditional lunch and dinner times so eat in town where the choices arent sh*t chips, pies, coke and queues. The city has so many options in the Northern quarter for much better food and the same price as the ground. A pint is good and all but as long as the service is fast.

I too (occasionally) cycle to the game. The club should provide a safe storage facility for bags exceeding the size threshold. These can then be retrieved after the match. I too was told my pannier was too big (no flask or butties in it either!) but it does have spare inner tube, pump, tyre levers, keys, overshoes, waterproof trousers, front and rear lights and helmet and gloves in there when going through the turnstyles. To try and fit all of this stuff into an A4 bag is tough. It's quite hard to find any bike panniers which are less than A4 in size as their smallness would render them useless tbh.

If not being a happy clapper is being bitter then sign me up. But too many people with your mentality attend games and are quite happy to get bent over and do whatever they're told even if it means being treated like a piece of shit. Effectively barring someone from entry because he's got food is just the latest example of it. Things are going amazing on the pitch but the match day experience, independent of how the team play, has got worse/completely removed for a lot of fans and I'm glad not all of our fans want to be treated like cattle.
I saw someone turned away because the had two packets of crisps!!! FFS

I too (occasionally) cycle to the game. The club should provide a safe storage facility for bags exceeding the size threshold. These can then be retrieved after the match. I too was told my pannier was too big (no flask or butties in it either!) but it does have spare inner tube, pump, tyre levers, keys, overshoes, waterproof trousers, front and rear lights and helmet and gloves in there when going through the turnstyles. To try and fit all of this stuff into an A4 bag is tough. It's quite hard to find any bike panniers which are less than A4 in size as their smallness would render them useless tbh.

When you wrote to the club asking about facilities for cyclists, what wad their reply ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.