Var debate 2019/20

After 48 years of watching the Blues, this could be the season that finishes me, VAR is going to bring back the teams they want to be in the Big 4.It’s cheating, it’s that simple, and I’ve had enough of the powers that be taking the piss out of us.
I do believe it will bring back crowd trouble as well, it’s that divisive.
It ain’t going to finish me, they would fucking love that,come on blue don’t let the bastards get you down, stick with it.

From the premier league VAR instructions

"The on-field referee will then decide whether to accept and act on the VAR official's view of the incident. This may involve the use of the pitch-side monitor, although the Premier League says this will be used sparingly, for incidents either not seen by the on-field ref or for those outside of their expected range".

So a ref can check if they want but the prem doesn't want the game slowed down.

Thay decision today was shown on the big screen and wasn't clear, Oliver should have reviewed it to be certain, the **** didn't bother.
Cheers, I didn't know they were using the monitors. The only way I could ever get behind var is if the ref and var hut are mic'd up. They will never make it that transparent though.

having just got home and watched the replay of the so called hand ball ?? i think they should look closer and the spurs player also touch it with his arm at the same time ????

the ref was shocking and was out to do us over right from the start just give them everything and even a yellow for sterling and spurs player did the same thing and got nothing, i give up and the game is fucked and VAR in place is just another tool to use to get at man city ?? 2 games in and how many talking points involved in our games, they are after us and every little things is being pin pointed and why did we not get a pen with the push and VAR and the ref just washed over it

its the end of football as we know it, and now its better staying at home and watching on tv because sat in the stand you are clueless to whats going on and i only see trouble going to flair up very soon the fans are getting done over and nothing is being shown until they play on after the VAR team have done with it by then fans are back watching the game not the video screens

just play the replays as VAR are watching let the fans see what everybody sat at home see

I seriously don't have a problem with our goal being dismissed. I can talk about the rule, but if rule is there, than it is the correct decision. Spurs should not lose the game because the rule of game was broken.

But I do have a problem that 2 stonewall penalties, one at 0:0 and other at 2:1 were just waived on and var did fuck all to apply the rules of the game on it. Those incidents are something refs definitely can miss during the game, but with VAR over there, that should be fixed and both are stonewall penalties and easy decisions. People are talking about Rodri's oonly but that one on Laporte in second half is as clear penalty as the first one. Pulling someone's wrist for 10 meters until he fails to the ground and miss the chance to have a free header is as big penalty as wrestling Rodri to the ground.

VAR is a fantastic idea. The game needs to be fair and I don't care if that will take some of my emotions with it. But how it stands so far when City are involved, it's just another weapon to stop us. As it looks for a smallest things to fuck us, yet not apply the rules when we should get advantage from it's introduction.

So something that was supposed to make a game fair, it's becoming even bigger cheating than before.

Last edited:
I'd be prepared to put good money on no similar thing happening to Dippers or Rags while they are close to us in the League.
I can see us getting a dodgy decision in our favour in an already won game to shut us up.

I don't want it totally scrapped but needs to be overhauled. Coaches challenges would be worth considering IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.