Var debate 2019/20

VAR is an absolute abomination. Those on here who support it and said it would be to the detriment of Liverpool and United still believe in the tooth fairy.
VAR is an absolute abomination. Those on here who support it and said it would be to the detriment of Liverpool and United still believe in the tooth fairy.
Pep should have gone mental in his post match interview and called the fuckers out to get em to sit up and see what's going on instead of letting em brush it under the carpet, we were fuckin cheated today

Sky said it was not clear whose hand it hit so not clear and obvious so it should have stood,2 games in and we are the most scrutinized team so far with marginal decisions going against,i watched the dipers first game and not 1 of there goals were dissected to the mm,i feel we are going to be looked at closely all season

Kaz I might be paranoid but I believe they are proactively looking for reasons to disallow our goals.

I seriously don't have a problem with our goal being dismissed. I can talk about the rule, but if rule is there, than it is the correct decision. Spurs should not lose the game because the rule of game was broken.

But I do have a problem that 2 stonewall penalties, one at 0:0 and other at 2:1 were just waived on and var did fuck all to apply the rules of the game on it. Those incidents are something refs definitely can miss during the game, but with VAR over there, that should be fixed and both are stonewall penalties and easy decisions. People are talking about Rodri's oonly but that one on Laporte in second half is as clear penalty as the first one. Pulling someone's wrist for 10 meters until he fails to the ground and miss the chance to have a free header is as big penalty as wrestling Rodri to the ground.

VAR is a fantastic idea. The game needs to be fair and I don't care if that will take some of my emotions with it. But how it stands so far when City are involved, it's just another weapon to stop us. As it looks for a smallest things to fuck us, yet not apply the rules when we should get advantage from it's introduction.

So something that was supposed to make a game fair, it's becoming even bigger cheating than before.

No it isn't, it's a stupid idea and even worse implemented. This was the first game I've ever watched where I couldn't even celebrate my team scoring a goal because of VAR. Football is supposed to be immersive, you get lost in the moment and when your team scores you go off and celebrate. It's beautiful in its purest form while also having all its imperfections. VAR doesn't make the game 'fair' because football can never truly be that; it's a subjective game and that's what we love about it. VAR is going to ruin the game and destroy the entire fan experience, you're never going to see celebrations like Jesus vs Southampton because of it. I've never felt so detached from the game.

Sky said it was not clear whose hand it hit so not clear and obvious so it should have stood,2 games in and we are the most scrutinized team so far with marginal decisions going against,i watched the dipers first game and not 1 of there goals were dissected to the mm,i feel we are going to be looked at closely all season

They have found a way to stop us ,and they will use and use it and use it

The handball decision was spot on.
The penalty a lot less so but clearly more subjectivity is allowed in the laws.

Two things struck me:
1. As we are likely to create the most chances in the division, and score the most goals then it’s likely we will be involved in the greatest number of VAR decisions. Not a thought that’s good for the stress levels but buckle up everyone ...

2. The biggest gap is the moment is the refusal by the PL to allow more transparency of decisions.
Rugby Union has a lot more complicated rules but feel a lot more informed on why decisions have been made than I do in football. We should mike up the refs and show the VAR decisions both at the ground and on telly. VAR will lead to better decisions overall so why don’t the FA/PL (whoever it is) grow a pair and adopt a much more transparent approach. The longer they don’t the more the more bizarre conspiracy theories sometimes witnessed here will grow yet further.

Thank you Mr Riley

Kaz I might be paranoid but I believe they are proactively looking for reasons to disallow our goals.
Join the club lovely,i was very pro VAR but twice in the CL and in 2 prem games it has been used against us,if raz offside was bad enough now we have a pen not given and a goal chalked off when it's no clear who it hit,there can be no other conclusion as to what's happening here

Really don’t know what Oliver could have told them at the non-penalty decision.

‘What did you see Michael?

A coming together/six of one half a dozen of the other/nothing at all/the Spurs player wrestling the City player to the ground

Oh well, in that case we’ll just leave it at that. Carry on’

It really makes no sense whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.