Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

So if a opposition player pulls you arm into the ball , it’s handball ?? Or is it a penalty ? Or do you only look at the incident when it hits laportes arm , of the second before when his arm is pulled !

It’s a fucking mess

If you watch the replay you will see that the poster is right.

I don’t like VAR but I’m not blind to the truth. The ball hit Laporte’s arm.

If you see our conversation earlier in the thread we are debating the non penalty more than the handball. It’s the selective aspect I’m alluding to, not the handball

How can you be certain? Show me which angle makes it 100% clear that you've seen that nobody else who watched on Sky Sports has.
When I saw the ball hit his arm and then saw it from another angle and saw the ball change direction. I don’t like it, I hate the fucking stupid new Rule but it doesn’t take away from the facts.

Fantastic performance by the team, and I feel sorry for the lads, and especially for Gabriel, who for the second time gets one of his goals disallowed due to someone else's "fault".
But, even though I kind of hate to say it, I do believe in VAR, and also that in the end we will benefit from it.

You want to watch a game where every goal is reviewed ? Where the atmosphere slowly dies as more and more fans learn not to celebrate until the reviews are checked ? In its present form VAR is sucking the very life out of the game. It's a massive 'no' from me.

It hit Llorente's arm too. One was allowed, one wasn't.
I think that one wasn’t allowed purely because they decided not to show the referee the conclusive angle. I honestly think the referee thought it did not hit his arm. He wasn’t given the opportunity to think anything else, by those in charge of the replays.

When bernardo done his little party piece near touch line dancing around 3 spurs players, why when danny rose flattened him, did they get the free kick ????
Yep. Entirely consistent with Oliver decision making on the day.

Home and over it already. We should have won but we are clearly undercooked so we couldn't step it up after their second equaliser.

VAR is a ballache but let's see how it pans out over the season.
I'm home but not over it...I've just seen that image above and OMG we were done. How is that given as a clear handball....shocking? Having said that we should have scored more from so many chances we created. They scored 2 from 2 chances. The league is a marathon and not a sprint...we'll be there or thereabouts at the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.