Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Haha windup merchant eh... even fitted in "conspiracy theories" just after I pre-empted that in my previous post.

Definite pull on the arm, directly influenced the position of his arm when the ball came in.
City-Spurs-handball-decision.jpg
He’s felt where he is, not an actual pull to impede him. The Rodri one was a deff impediment though and should have been given

I would welcome a similar system to cricket and tennis where technology is also used.
Allow each team 1 VAR appeal per half on decisions they strongly disagree with officials. Give the captain 15 sec to ask for an official review then show all angles on the big screen before the decision is made.
Works brilliantly in the other sports so why not football....it’s only fair....or maybe that’s not the point of VAR!!

Spurs are average. Ottamendi dominated their hero Harry. We were selfish in front of goal which cost us dearly, kdb, Sterling and Jesus could all have laid on tap ins for teammates, that’s not like us. Their fans should be embarrassed cheering for VAR rather than their team but when you get that badly outplayed...

I would welcome a similar system to cricket and tennis where technology is also used.
Allow each team 1 VAR appeal per half on decisions they strongly disagree with officials. Give the captain 15 sec to ask for an official review then show all angles on the big screen before the decision is made.
Works brilliantly in the other sports so why not football....it’s only fair....or maybe that’s not the point of VAR!!

Because both of those sports don’t include subjective decisions, it’s always a right or wrong. That doesn’t work for football.

When bernardo done his little party piece near touch line dancing around 3 spurs players, why when danny rose flattened him, did they get the free kick ????
VAR said he was showing off and we cant have that on a wet Tuesday at Burnley never mind at the home of the champions and treble winners. They reckoned he did it only to get more image rights from the amount of Gifs that's are going to be created. They felt that this would outshine Michael Oliver' performance so they blocked him with a yellow card for being a smartarse

It doesn’t work mate because it’s a totally different fucking sport!! Comparing football to cricket and tennis is ridiculous. Why try to make all sports operate in the same way??? It’s this stupid mentality I can’t stand.

Oh and cricket and tennis are gash sports.

He’s felt where he is, not an actual pull to impede him. The Rodri one was a deff impediment though and should have been given
Felt him? That's how you feel where someone is in you book? Some strange logic there pal. He's dragged his arm back.

Look at the position of Laportes arm, is that a natural position, straight out by his side and behind him?

No, it's a foul and it influenced the handball more importantly. It would be hard to spot in real time and the one in the first half was a stronger claim(could see it in real time) but that's the point of VAR isn't it? They've given a handball that barely grazed him but dragging the arm back to be in position for it, is too marginal? Isn't that double standards?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.