Pogba online racist abuse

i still have no idea why anyone famous would want to use a form of social media where anyone can have access to message them.

They make a lot of money out of it. Anyone should be able to use social media without receiving racial abuse. The social media company's should stop it being posted and inform the local police.

I haven't heard anything for years in the East stand, but a regular made a jewish comment when the second went in on Saturday. He was politely asked not to say it again (lots of people around there have known him as a ST holder for years, and tbf he is a good guy and at times reasonable, but its something he has heard/seen as normal growing up.

It is obviously embedded in far right ideals and whether these Rag/Chalsea fans are just fans or both we don't really know. The pres,s as we know are inherently racist, you only have to read Elton Johns impassioned defence of Megan today to see it is felt in other areas and even being part of the elite is no protection. The education is good but has to continue and racism to be called out as such.
Agree entirely, I used to be in the East Stand and can honestly say in the years I was there I never heard anything racist. When we were in the Main Stand at Maine Road a City Supporter made a remark against Spurs, it was to do with Belsen, I won’t quote what he said but it was disgusting. The Police had to get him out for his own safety. Apparently there were a lot of the Jewish community around us and they went ballistic. One of them was the father of the actress Naomi Lewis who was in Emmerdale at the time. He was a really nice bloke who came to the game with his daughter, she was constantly on the end of banter from lads who sat behind me and it was very good natured. On that day, he lost it and I don’t blame him one bit, anti Semitic abuse is as bad as it gets.

They make a lot of money out of it. Anyone should be able to use social media without receiving racial abuse. The social media company's should stop it being posted and inform the local police.
I get that and agree entirely. But if I was on 250K a week I wouldnt be using any form of social media where anyone in the world can contact me at any point in the day.
I would use one where I can accept who contacts me (close friends and family only) but the whole world? No idea how they make money (endorsing products I suspect) but again if making a million a month I think I can pass on that.....

I get that and agree entirely. But if I was on 250K a week I wouldnt be using any form of social media where anyone in the world can contact me at any point in the day.
I would use one where I can accept who contacts me (close friends and family only) but the whole world? No idea how they make money (endorsing products I suspect) but again if making a million a month I think I can pass on that.....

Do you think they directly control those accounts, rather than have one of their ‘team’ running it?! ‘Put this on for me’... that way they can put things out their without having to handle all the replies - job done.
Or maybe they have additional anonymous accounts to be ‘out there’ undetected - bit like you & me on here ... ;-)

Agree entirely, I used to be in the East Stand and can honestly say in the years I was there I never heard anything racist. When we were in the Main Stand at Maine Road a City Supporter made a remark against Spurs, it was to do with Belsen, I won’t quote what he said but it was disgusting. The Police had to get him out for his own safety. Apparently there were a lot of the Jewish community around us and they went ballistic. One of them was the father of the actress Naomi Lewis who was in Emmerdale at the time. He was a really nice bloke who came to the game with his daughter, she was constantly on the end of banter from lads who sat behind me and it was very good natured. On that day, he lost it and I don’t blame him one bit, anti Semitic abuse is as bad as it gets.
To be honest there was a lot of racist abuse aimed at Tottenham when they came to Maine Road, especially after the 81 cup final.

Can not stand the guy but I detest racist abuse online. Totally out of order! I hope they catch the Knuckle dragging small minded bastards

I'm n

I'm trying to shift the blame? I'm not going to entertain that ffs.
It simply fucking baffles me how 1 football fan of any club would racially abuse a player from their own team because he missed a penalty.
Ask the Dipper fans who used to throw bananas at John Barnes. Thats within the last 30 or so years and another Scouse abhorrence that has been conveniently airbrushed from history

i still have no idea why anyone famous would want to use a form of social media where anyone can have access to message them.

I couldn't agree more mate. It just seems such a childish thing to do anyway and a bit of an ego thing 'Oooh, I've got more followers than you'. You'd think they'd be happy just to talk / message their own circle of friends rather than the world of complete strangers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.