Pogba online racist abuse

I couldn't agree more mate. It just seems such a childish thing to do anyway and a bit of an ego thing 'Oooh, I've got more followers than you'. You'd think they'd be happy just to talk / message their own circle of friends rather than the world of complete strangers
Cash thats why. Their sponsors want the exposure. There is value in how many instagram followers celebrities and sports stars have

We've gone from whole terraces abusing black players to just a few knobheads hiding behind a twitter account. Racism is on the decline, it's not "as bad as ever". What this country has done has been brilliant in changing attitudes to colour over the years.

What Pogba is getting is those few knobheads, not a problem of society.

We've gone from whole terraces abusing black players to just a few knobheads hiding behind a twitter account. Racism is on the decline, it's not "as bad as ever". What this country has done has been brilliant in changing attitudes to colour over the years.

What Pogba is getting is those few knobheads, not a problem of society.
The problem is that the Internet creates a 'safe space' for shit houses to spout stuff they wouldn't dare say in public. You only have to look on here at the majority of the stuff I post. I'm nowhere near as much of a **** in real life.

Last edited:
It's rife in almost every walk of life and it can be hard to know exactly how to react.

This will be an isolated example probably but I hear a lot of casual racism over here in Ireland, and a lot of the time it's from English people who have been here a long time. I've heard Lukaku called "that fuckin ape", comments about Sterling's lips, there's even someone in the work fantasy football called Goodbye Lukape.

I did call out the Sterling comment, it was the canteen chef and he couldn't answer me when I asked why he didn't like him. I suspect he wasn't expecting to even be pulled up on it.

The world is full of racists and bigots who are all sat behind their phone or computer being horrible fuckers and in my opinion social media has a lot to answer for.
It's happening far too often for it just to be coincidence, these people probably sit on their gadgets all day throwing abuse out.
It's way too easy to tweet or post something horrible and vile.
Pogba is a young lad with lots of fame and lots of money. No matter what colour shirt he wears or however cringe his videos are, he should not be getting abuse for the colour of his skin, it's disgusting.
But this is little Britain, full of down and outs, scroungers, pissheads, druggies, benefits cheats and fame hungry wannabees all on social media spouting their shite.
Thank fuck I'm not on any media platform.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.